+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will football stop when we go into full lockdown again?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Will football stop when we go into full lockdown again?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mark Drakeford has confirmed that professional football and rugby will continue during the coming "fire break".
    so 30-40 men can drip sweat and saliva over each other (as long as they are paid) but groups of 2 - 3 cant play golf, in the Open , where contact within 2 metres is rare, at least with my group it is.
    Last edited by Philbccfc; 19-10-20 at 17:41. Reason: bad spelling???

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    so 30-40 men can drip sweat and saliva over each other (as long as they are paid) but groups of 2 - 3 cant play golf, in the Open , where contact within 2 metres is rare, at least with my group it is.
    Two quick points:

1) You and your mates are not professional golfers.

2) Absolutely nobody wants to watch you and your mates play golf.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Two quick points:

1) You and your mates are not professional golfers.

2) Absolutely nobody wants to watch you and your mates play golf.
    Harsh, but it seems you have missed the most important point that sportsman are not immune from this virus, professional or not.

Harsh, but it seems you have missed the most important point that sportsman are not immune from this virus, professional or not.
    The most important point is that professional sportsmen are subject to intensive screening, testing and controls within the environments they play, while amateur golfers aren't.

If it was up to me, you and your mates could play golf to your heart's content. However, I think any comparison with professional sport is a bit daft under the circumstances.

Indeed they are screened, but they can still pass it on before being detected. there are a number of high profile sportsmen/women with the virus, how many people were they in contact with before a positive test.

Indeed they are screened, but they can still pass it on before being detected. there are a number of high profile sportsmen/women with the virus, how many people were they in contact with before a positive test.
    At a guess: not many. It's daily testing isn't it? At least that is what I've taken from players who have said that they were clean yesterday, the day before, but tested positive today etc. Even if there is a bit of a lag, their exposure will be significantly reduced vs the rest of us. So my guess is that if/when they find out that they have it, they will do so a lot sooner than the general population would.