Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
The main scheme that is needed - the M4 improvement around Newport - could and should happen but, wait a minute, politics seems to have got in the way. If there was the political will that scheme would be built but it seems the Welsh government are against it even though the scheme would provide jobs by promoting industrial development. So, even if independence were to happen (which it won't) could the politicians be trusted to do the right thing?
Environmental impact, climate change and health or not (or should not be) political issues. How is building more roads and carrying on the way we are ever going to end well? We have to stop driving cars. Wales needs to become a healthier place to live and the same old ways of doing things need to change. I say if there was really the political will, we'd be able to change. The arguments of providing jobs is tenuous - that one is always suggested but is either non quantifiable or short-termism.

The fact that a Westminster government can/will intervene with the Seneddd decisions (whatever political party is in power) is not even devolution let alone independence.

I'm genuinely not have a go. It's something I feel very strongly about and only becomes political because I feel I'm given a Hobson's Choice.