+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin's attitude

Re: Tomlin's attitude

No, just somebody who was told something factually correct by somebody in the know......

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm not disputing for a second that Tomlin was an important player last season. Without him, I'm certain the side would have finished mid-table as opposed to in the play-off positions. However, the notion that he won 30 points single-handedly is plainly daft.

Will he have a significant impact again this season or was last season as good as it gets from him? We shall see.
    I agree with that.

Its probably as good as it gets. However if he can be 80 percent of last season then that will improve us massively.

So, a massive exaggeration then.

If your calculations are correct, Tomlin 'single-handedly' won City 14 points last season as opposed to 30.

Interesting that Tomlin gets credited with 'single-handedly' winning points for the team whenever he scores a goal. Is the same true for the rest of the team?
    In most of those games, Tomlin grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck. Nobody else put their hand up. Take Leeds for example, we were dead and buried and two bits of magic got us one of the best feelings I've ever had at a game. Barnsley we were awful and he gets the brilliant pass for Ward and the winner. Luton, the game was terrible and he produces a bit of magic from nowhere. He sets up both goals at Wednesday, and we win 2-1. He was an absolute pleasure to watch last season and we haven't had too many players like that in recent seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    In most of those games, Tomlin grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck. Nobody else put their hand up. Take Leeds for example, we were dead and buried and two bits of magic got us one of the best feelings I've ever had at a game. Barnsley we were awful and he gets the brilliant pass for Ward and the winner. Luton, the game was terrible and he produces a bit of magic from nowhere. He sets up both goals at Wednesday, and we win 2-1. He was an absolute pleasure to watch last season and we haven't had too many players like that in recent seasons.

Was it Tomlin who robbed Rooney as well?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Being a scouser, Rooney is probably used to it.

Absolutely spot on.

This season we've seen the result of not having him in the team. 2 gifts from a dreadful Forest defence, a scrambled Tomlin goal against a side 2-0 up and cruising, a well worked goal on the break at Preston, a good finish from Wilson, a deft pass from Ojo and 2 penalties. 3 goals through creativity and open play in 9 games isn't great.

Bang on the money

A vital player , a match winner , enigmatic

Duncan Mckenzie , Frank Worthington , Peter Whittingham

Pointless arguing with people sometimes , keyboard managers , keyboard pundits

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Indeed it was , but again some don't think that mattered

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Being a scouser, Rooney is probably used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Indeed it was , but again some don't think that mattered
    Mind you, I think Rooney was the only Derby player Tomlin could have outsprinted!

Bang on the money

A vital player , a match winner , enigmatic

Duncan Mckenzie , Frank Worthington , Peter Whittingham

Pointless arguing with people sometimes , keyboard managers , keyboard pundits
    . Whereas Tomlin undoubtedly has qualities that most footballers don't possess, he isn't fit to lace their boots. Just THINK about what you are writing!

Seriously.........

So, a massive exaggeration then.

If your calculations are correct, Tomlin 'single-handedly' won City 14 points last season as opposed to 30.

Interesting that Tomlin gets credited with 'single-handedly' winning points for the team whenever he scores a goal. Is the same true for the rest of the team?
    He was the difference last season .

A game changer . Almost everything good involved Tomlin.

Is it a coincidence we are looking poor without him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    . Whereas Tomlin undoubtedly has qualities that most footballers don't possess, he isn't fit to lace their boots. Just THINK about what you are writing!

Seriously.........
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Seriously.........
    Worthington and Mckenzie were even bigger drinkers than tomlin and Worthington was on 20 fags a day

Tomlin is very much like them , enigmatic but on his day unplayable

You are a moaner and moan about cardiff city almost every time you are on here

I don't know why you bother , even if we were beating Liverpool and man United every time we played them you would think we should be scoring more goals or playing better football

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He was the difference last season .

A game changer . Almost everything good involved Tomlin.

Is it a coincidence we are looking poor without him?
    Everything went through him

Quality player

So, just out of interest, how did Tomlin of last season compare with the Jason Koumas of 05/06? For me, there were times when Tomlin was the only thing making games worthwhile, but he was no Koumas.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, just out of interest, how did Tomlin of last season compare with the Jason Koumas of 05/06? For me, there were times when Tomlin was the only thing making games worthwhile, but he was no Koumas.
    I see tomlin as the same player as koumas

Drift in and out of games , often appeared uninterested but then suddenly a moment on magic

Enigmatic players

Koumas goal against Leeds to bring us level in the game we went on to win through a purse penalty was pure gold

Tomlin and Wilson are the key to us staying up no doubt about it.

Why do people see us as a possible relegation side?

Why do people see us as a possible relegation side?
    Miserable, negative types ?

I think this side with a few tweaks could easily be pushing for promotion

12 games in they say is the time to judge a side but every season sides from mid table get it together and get promoted

We have had a poor start , the team know that and so does Harris but calling for a change in the manager now is plain daft

Give Harris and the players a chance

If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Tomlin and Wilson are the key to us staying up no doubt about it.
    Staying up?

Worthington and Mckenzie were even bigger drinkers than tomlin and Worthington was on 20 fags a day

Tomlin is very much like them , enigmatic but on his day unplayable

You are a moaner and moan about cardiff city almost every time you are on here

I don't know why you bother , even if we were beating Liverpool and man United every time we played them you would think we should be scoring more goals or playing better football
    Hahahahahahaha.

Worthington played 828 games (largely in the top division) and scoring 260 times as well as playing for England 8 times.

McKenzie won the European Super Cup and was also played successfully mostly in the top division.

If you think that just because that were perceived as ‘Mavericks’ and therefore comparable to Tomlin then you really do need your head examining.

Comical.

12 games in they say is the time to judge a side but every season sides from mid table get it together and get promoted

We have had a poor start , the team know that and so does Harris but calling for a change in the manager now is plain daft

If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle
    Not these days.

Do you think Harris knows what those tweaks are? Signs are that he doesn't. More worrying for me is the lack of effort from kickoff. I think most City fans don't mind if players are limited in terms of talent, but often aren't so forgiving towards players not giving 100%. I can see that, so can other City fans, so can pundits.

The side has problems, that we all know. We all have our opinions on what we think needs fixing. We don't all agree on these but it makes for interesting conversation. I have similar conversations on social media with others, so it's not just a message board thing. Ultimately the manager needs to sort out the problems. It's now his team, more or less. He needs to sort out these poor starts.

Koumas. He had the talent and physical attributes to make it in the Prem and for a few seasons at Cardiff and WBA, he showed he had the application too. What a player.