+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why the kit change for both teams yesterday ?

Why the kit change for both teams yesterday ?

Did the kit man forget to put it in the basket ?

Re: Why the kit change for both teams yesterday ?

Apparently QPR used that kit as a reference to a kit they used in the 70s. Exactly why though I don't know.

Apparently, the red and white shirts worn yesterday are a 'commemorative special' kit, issued to celebrate 75 years since QPR 'almost' won the First Division Title. It seems a bit odd to celebrate nearly winning something, but there you go. I guess we still hang on to wining the FA Cup, even though it was nearly 100 years in the past (and we actually won it).
    So, as QPR were wearing red, we had to switch back to blue. But this meant our boys thought we were at home, and so promptly threw the game away.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Apparently, the red and white shirts worn yesterday are a 'commemorative special' kit, issued to celebrate 75 years since QPR 'almost' won the First Division Title. It seems a bit odd to celebrate nearly winning something, but there you go. I guess we still hang on to wining the FA Cup, even though it was nearly 100 years in the past (and we actually won it).
    So, as QPR were wearing red, we had to switch back to blue. But this meant our boys thought we were at home, and so promptly threw the game away.
    In fact, the event mentioned took place during the 75-76 season, so it's only 45 years ago, not 75. Sorry about that - I got my 45 and 75 mixed up.

A bit of promo for their 3rd kit.

Yea was going to say, sneaky by qpr to try and get us into that home mentality.