+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 0 BARNSLEY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 0 BARNSLEY. Match thread

Good win against a very poor side, that never threatened us.

Barnsley will be in the bottom five, come the end of the season.

Hoilett’s best game of the season (Anyone notice that when he scored he run to the side line to celebrate with Bamba, Gave Harris a half arsed fist bump as he went past him).

Bennett played well in the opposition half, it’s defending against decent sides he’s terrible at. He’s a better wing back, than defender.

Glatzel couldn’t score in a brothel. Is it now 13 or 14 games without a goal?

Superb goal from Wilson, two touches, back of the net. A class above.

Tomlin, injured yet again. Should never have been given a new contract.

Pleased with the win, one game doesn’t change my opinion.

Harris......OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post

Hoilett’s best game of the season (Anyone notice that when he scored he run to the side line to celebrate with Bamba, Gave Harris a half arsed fist bump as he went past him).

Bennett played well in the opposition half, it’s defending against decent sides he’s terrible at. He’s a better wing back, than defender.

Harris......OUT!
    Must be draining being such a miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    At quarter to three in the morning as well, thought we were all in bed, us early risers have spotted it though

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    At quarter to three in the morning as well, thought we were all in bed, us early risers have spotted it though
    Didn't notice the time haha. Just reinforces the fact I think he's a troll

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    To a man, they all played well and they all put in a shift. Fantastic display. Makes a result like Saturday's hard to understand.

Surely, we have to start 4-4-2 on Friday?
    No. Not fot me.

The best play of the game was for goal 3.

Wilson needs to get in games more and we should pick our best 11. So for me Wilson 10. Ojo wide. Moore loan striker.

I think Hoillets celebration was a sign of support for the management.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'd say you got it spectacularly wrong, thankfully

Better performances all over the pitch.
    Hoilett had his best game in yonks and for once looked interested in playing.

I thought there was a lack of getting onto the flick ons from the long goalkeeper kicks, thus giving away possession to easily (a better team will punish us).
    But all in all, as others have said, better performances all over the pitch.

Just forget the “long throws” boys, as they ain’t working and leave us stretched at the back

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post

Harris......OUT!
    About one game was all you gave Harris to form your opinion on him though wasnt it. It must be soul destroying for you every time City play well and win. Bennetts defending yesterday was excellent, as it has been most of the season. Making up a line about Hoilett and Harris just about sums it up for me - troll.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Better performances all over the pitch.
    Hoilett had his best game in yonks and for once looked interested in playing.

I thought there was a lack of getting onto the flick ons from the long goalkeeper kicks, thus giving away possession to easily (a better team will punish us).
    But all in all, as others have said, better performances all over the pitch.

Just forget the “long throws” boys, as they ain’t working and leave us stretched at the back
    Thoughtful comments about'long throws' BT. Think you may be right. Useful tool used occasionally but most teams are now wise to us and counter quickly when move breaks down.
    Best overall display for a long time but Barnsley were poor. Will revert to 1 up top on Friday. I've always supported Hoilett. Wish he would play like that every week.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'd say you got it spectacularly wrong, thankfully
    Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Thoughtful comments about'long throws' BT. Think you may be right. Useful tool used occasionally but most teams are now wise to us and counter quickly when move breaks down.
    Best overall display for a long time but Barnsley were poor. Will revert to 1 up top on Friday. I've always supported Hoilett. Wish he would play like that every week.
    Do you think Hoilett is missing his bromance with Warnock ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Do you think Hoilett is missing his bromance with Warnock ?
    It was noticeable that he ran over to Bamba. Perhaps Hoilett needs someone with a strong personality to support him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No. Not fot me.

Wilson needs to get in games more and we should pick our best 11. So for me Wilson 10. Ojo wide. Moore loan striker.
    But 4-4-2 worked, we played well and Moore looked much more dangerous with some support in the box and going forward. The whole team looked more comfortable, including Wilson. So why go back to one up front ? Ojo is quick but a loose cannon and he cant defend back like Hoilett and Wilson. Give the opposition defences more to think about surely.

No. Not fot me.

Wilson needs to get in games more and we should pick our best 11. So for me Wilson 10. Ojo wide. Moore LOAN striker.
    I thought we bought him

No. Not fot me.

We'd won the game by that point. Bristol play 3 at the back, so I like 2 strikers vs that formation. Wilson is going to be in and out of games, that's the type of player he is.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    But 4-4-2 worked, we played well and Moore looked much more dangerous with some support in the box and going forward. The whole team looked more comfortable, including Wilson. So why go back to one up front ? Ojo is quick but a loose cannon and he cant defend back like Hoilett and Wilson. Give the opposition defences more to think about surely.
    A 2 man midfield wont be as effective against a better side. Barnsley were useless and kept giving the ball away.

Wilson will get on the ball more in the 10 role.

Our best 11 players doesnt include Glatzel. Im glad he played better last night but he was hardly a massive threat against a terrible side.

I dont believe we won last night because of 2 strikers and a 2 man central midfield.

I reckon wed have hammered them just the same and maybe even easier with the 11 on the pitch when Ojo came on.

I dont believe a 442 system played regularly these days will work. It ended in failure with Chopra and Bothroyd who lets face it a Moore/Glatzel partnership doesnt come even close to in quality.

The 2 men in the middle will struggle to keep that intensity up for 2 games every week as well.

He probably will play 442 though and I still think we will win. Hopefully Glatzel scores and it gives him the confidence to kick on from a better performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We'd won the game by that point. Bristol play 3 at the back, so I like 2 strikers vs that formation. Wilson is going to be in and out of games, that's the type of player he is.
    True but that was the best passage of play id seen in a long time.

True but that was the best passage of play id seen in a long time.
    Was it? I don't think we really worked the ball into the box cleverly, we just made a bit of space and Wilson let fly. We've been fugging awful with 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 so I don't think we should be in a great rush to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Was it? I don't think we really worked the ball into the box cleverly, we just made a bit of space and Wilson let fly. We've been fugging awful with 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 so I don't think we should be in a great rush to go back.
    Fair enough. Different opinions and all that.

Not to mention boring.

Interesting stat from Harris' post match interview:

Against Barnsley we won 81% of duels (tackles, headers, foot races etc). In the 1st half at QPR it was just 39%.

A 2 man midfield wont be as effective against a better side. Barnsley were useless and kept giving the ball away.

Wilson will get on the ball more in the 10 role.

Our best 11 players doesnt include Glatzel. Im glad he played better last night but he was hardly a massive threat against a terrible side.

I dont believe we won last night because of 2 strikers and a 2 man central midfield.

I reckon wed have hammered them just the same and maybe even easier with the 11 on the pitch when Ojo came on.

I dont believe a 442 system played regularly these days will work. It ended in failure with Chopra and Bothroyd who lets face it a Moore/Glatzel partnership doesnt come even close to in quality.

The 2 men in the middle will struggle to keep that intensity up for 2 games every week as well.

He probably will play 442 though and I still think we will win. Hopefully Glatzel scores and it gives him the confidence to kick on from a better performance.
    Its not just two in the middle though is it. Wilson and Hoilett covered a lot of ground in the centre as well as out wide. When Barnsley had the ball it was a definite four, with all our players moving across to cover and press. Wilson and Hoilett can play this system, whereas Ojo and Murphy cant.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Its not just two in the middle though is it. Wilson and Hoilett covered a lot of ground in the centre as well as out wide. When Barnsley had the ball it was a definite four, with all our players moving across to cover and press. Wilson and Hoilett can play this system, whereas Ojo and Murphy cant.
    Yeah to be fair it was well organised both did come inside.

Id still go back to a 10 rather than 2 up though.