+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Squad announcement delayed due to Ryan Giggs arrest according to The S*n

Re: Squad announcement delayed due to Ryan Giggs arrest according to The S*n

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah, I’m not sure replacing a manager sacked for domestic violence and then replacing him with one who has been involved in several incidents involving violence himself and with question marks over his temperament will be the greatest PR move by the Welsh FA.

Ossian Roberts for me.
    Maybe.

Only ever convicted of driving related offences though, not great obviously but there are worse people out there and he was previously interviewed for it, wouldn't surprise me too much if he was in for it again if the position is available in the future.

Hopefully the rumours aren't true and giggs can carry on the role as he has continued the job of giving youth a chance which isn't always in the managers best interest in the moment.

Only 12 months ago Bellamy issues a statement saying that there are aspects of his coaching that could be improved, yet some people think now is the right time for him to become Wales manager.
    No thanks.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...llamy-17152528

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It appears he's been arrested on suspicion of common assault which could be grabbing , shouting and swearing and also on suspicion of bodily harm which could be bruising etc from a slap or a punch etc .

Its sad to hear this has happened but if Ryan giggs has physically assaulted his partner and is found guilty then he's not going to be going to prison but clearly its totally unacceptable and he's going to have to walk the plank or get sacked .

Hopefully his partner is getting support
    The report I read ( BBC News) said Section 47 which is Actual Bodily Harm. We'll have to wait and see,

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You declare that Giggs is an 'absolute scumbag of the highest order' and then say you'd be more than happy with Bellamy.

Comedy gold.
    Has Bellamy assaulted at least one woman or spent 8 years shagging his brother’s wife during which he paid her to have an abortion to stop his wife finding out whilst also putting a gagging order on Imogen Thomas from going to the papers so both women he was shagging wouldn’t find out?

Bellamy is a dick head at times especially in his youth but Id be interested to see how you think what he’s done is as bad as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Has Bellamy assaulted at least one woman or spent 8 years shagging his brother’s wife during which he paid her to have an abortion to stop his wife finding out whilst also putting a gagging order on Imogen Thomas from going to the papers so both women he was shagging wouldn’t find out?

Bellamy is a dick head at times especially in his youth but Id be interested to see how you think what he’s done is as bad as that.
    Attacked his sleeping team mate with a golf club because he wouldn’t sing kareoke? Or the bit where he got suspended from City for allegedly bullying kids. Bellamy is way too controversial be the next manager after this. Page will get the rest of the campaign and Carl Robinson after that I think.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Attacked his sleeping team mate with a golf club because he wouldn’t sing kareoke? Or the bit where he got suspended from City for allegedly bullying kids. Bellamy is way too controversial be the next manager after this. Page will get the rest of the campaign and Carl Robinson after that I think.
    But there was no action taken about his dealings with the youths and it did not affect him getting another coaching job. As for the gold club incident, I don't think it was quite as you implied, (as in more fun than malicious) but I'm open to correction on that.
    But what we do need is someone who will continue to bring on the younger players.

Yeah I can understand people thinking he’s a bit too much of a dick in fairness, I’d forgotten about the bullying.

But surely he’s not in the same category as Giggs.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah, I’m not sure replacing a manager sacked for domestic violence and then replacing him with one who has been involved in several incidents involving violence himself and with question marks over his temperament will be the greatest PR move by the Welsh FA.

Ossian Roberts for me.

From a purely football perspective, Coleman and Giggs needed a period of time before were able to implement their different ideas and results (and performances) were not great before that. World Cup qualifiers starts on 24th of March 2021 and from then on every game in 2021 is a big one.

Time to establish the facts is needed and probably best not to say much more until that has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But there was no action taken about his dealings with the youths and it did not affect him getting another coaching job. As for the gold club incident, I don't think it was quite as you implied, (as in more fun than malicious) but I'm open to correction on that.
    But what we do need is someone who will continue to bring on the younger players.
    Oh no, it was worse than I remembered: https://www.theguardian.com/football...iise-liverpool

Bellamy created an "unacceptable coaching environment" for youngsters. He was suspended and by the investigation had finished he had left to join Anderlecht.

Oh no, it was worse than I remembered: https://www.theguardian.com/football...iise-liverpool

Bellamy created an "unacceptable coaching environment" for youngsters. He was suspended and by the investigation had finished he had left to join Anderlecht.
    Yes that does make him a poor choice in fairness. Roberts is would probably be the sensible choice.

Coleman

Eddie Howe, again.

Best unemployed manager out there

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Eddie Howe, again.

Best unemployed manager out there
    I think he’ll hold out for a better job tbh.

You declare that Giggs is an 'absolute scumbag of the highest order' and then say you'd be more than happy with Bellamy.

Comedy gold.
    Haha my thoughts exactly. Bellamy is the dictionary definition of "absolute scumbag"

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Haha my thoughts exactly. Bellamy is the dictionary definition of "absolute scumbag"
    What would that make giggs then?

Carl Robinson is an intelligent younger manager with more than 50 caps for Wales. If Giggs is pushed I wouldn't mind giving him the job.

Apologies, I wasn't aware that in order to qualify for the position of Wales team manager you merely had to be a bit less of a **** than the last bloke.....

To be honest, the Nations League nonsense has just about killed off my interest in international football. Nevertheless, I reckon it would be good if Wales could find themselves a manager who hasn't got a conviction for drink driving, a police caution for common assault and a history of off-field problems that have left him with a reputation of being a nasty piece of work.

Incidentally, if the Giggs case ever gets to court I hope for his sake you're not on the jury.....

Apologies, I wasn't aware that in order to qualify for the position of Wales team manager you merely had to be a bit less of a **** than the last bloke.....

To be honest, the Nations League nonsense has just about killed off my interest in international football. Nevertheless, I reckon it would be good if Wales could find themselves a manager who hasn't got a conviction for drink driving, a police caution for common assault and a history of off-field problems that have left him with a reputation of being a nasty piece of work.

Incidentally, if the Giggs case ever gets to court I hope for his sake you're not on the jury.....

I think I've been a bit too lenient on Bellamy too in fairness

I agree with the nations league, first time round I enjoyed it this time it's been a non entity. Maybe not being able to go to the games haven't helped mind!

I agree with the nations league, first time round I enjoyed it this time it's been a non entity.
    I think I was about midway through the second Welsh game in the competition when it occurred to me that I didn't really have a clue what the point of it was. I gave up on it at that stage. The knock-on effect is that I've lost interest in the rest of the international competitions too.

Eddie Howe😂😂😂😂

What about Poch?

How about being realistic?

The Newport manager would be my choice so there are no calls for him to be City manager.

If he gets sacked Neil Harris.

And lets wait before Giggs is convicted first.

I think I was about midway through the second Welsh game in the competition when it occurred to me that I didn't really have a clue what the point of it was. I gave up on it at that stage. The knock-on effect is that I've lost interest in the rest of the international competitions too.
    I do't understand the format, even after trying to get my head round it, not surprising with me though

As for Bellamy, Not a chance in my book. I'm always amazed by peoples perceptions on management skills based on a players outward character on the pitch. It is said that Bellamy demanded more of players, fair enough, but within their capacity. It's very poor judgement in trying to aggressively get someone to do something that is beyond their skill set, it almost always fails in a sporting sense. If he was the man he is sometimes portrayed as being, then he'd just concentrate on the things that people do well and try and help them to enhance those skills. I wouldn't want him near any football club where i have a vested interest.

The other issue is does he understand systems? That's what international football is all about, not so much tactics as the head coach just doesn't have the time to invest in players, the priority is keeping the players happy, injury free and motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    From a purely football perspective, Coleman and Giggs needed a period of time before were able to implement their different ideas and results (and performances) were not great before that. World Cup qualifiers starts on 24th of March 2021 and from then on every game in 2021 is a big one.

Time to establish the facts is needed and probably best not to say much more until that has happened.

Doesn't Osian Roberts work for Morocco now? Seems to be enjoying life out there

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Doesn't Osian Roberts work for Morocco now? Seems to be enjoying life out there
    He does, he's technical director in charge of everything I think.