+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harry Wilson

Harry Wilson

In the 4 matches he's played this season we've won 2 and drawn 2, averaging 2 ppg - promotion form

He's scored 2 and made 1 assist.

In the 6 league games we've played without him we've won 1, drawn 2 and lost 3, averaging 0.83 ppg - pretty much relegation form

Of course you can't read anything into such small numbers of games, but it is very tempting to try.

Re: Harry Wilson

We are a very average side without Tomlin or Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    I wonder if we'll get to see them both on the pitch at the same time any time soon.

So far the only game we've had neither is the 1-1 draw at Derby, but most of Tomlin's appearances have been cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder if we'll get to see them both on the pitch at the same time any time soon.

So far the only game we've had neither is the 1-1 draw at Derby, but most of Tomlin's appearances have been cameos.
    I'm not convinced that having both on the pitch would work but, I have no doubt that we need one of them at all times.

In my mind, we can't play Bacuna & Pack together, likewise we can't play Ralls & Vaulks together. I think we might find that Tomlin & Wilson fall into this category too.

Yes that is the same as most teams, take their best players out and they are average.

I'm not convinced that having both on the pitch would work but, I have no doubt that we need one of them at all times.

In my mind, we can't play Bacuna & Pack together, likewise we can't play Ralls & Vaulks together. I think we might find that Tomlin & Wilson fall into this category too.
    I think Wilson and Tomlin are best in the number 10 so I agree they mostly can't play together.

Wilson on the right and Tomlin playing number 10 would work but I wonder if Wilson is a bit wasted out wide.

I think we are a poor side with 3 of our centre mids in the side. While Wilson isn’t a luxury player, he is someone that will naturally drift in and out of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think Wilson and Tomlin are best in the number 10 so I agree they mostly can't play together.

Wilson on the right and Tomlin playing number 10 would work but I wonder if Wilson is a bit wasted out wide.
    Massive waste putting wilson on the right. He's not natural in that position. The goal he scored yesterday was pure class, the most impressive thing for me was how he took the touch that set up the shot on the turn. Only Tomlin may have done that. The rest of our midfield would've taken two touches leading to Ralls, Bacua, Pack etc being closed down. He's got a footballing brain on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Massive waste putting wilson on the right. He's not natural in that position. The goal he scored yesterday was pure class, the most impressive thing for me was how he took the touch that set up the shot on the turn. Only Tomlin may have done that. The rest of our midfield would've taken two touches leading to Ralls, Bacua, Pack etc being closed down. He's got a footballing brain on him.
    But he played on the wing for 75% of the game and the team played well and won easily, which tends to disprove your theory. He was also actually involved in the game more. Good players with pace and ability can play anywhere but he is patently happy playing on the wing, as he did at Derby and Bournemouth.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    But he played on the wing for 75% of the game and the team played well and won easily, which tends to disprove your theory. He was also actually involved in the game more. Good players with pace and ability can play anywhere but he is patently happy playing on the wing, as he did at Derby and Bournemouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thats ok then because Wilson isn't a right winger.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hard work, innit My opinion (not Theory) is that Wilson looks better in a central position. He can go off both feet and his shape looks much more comfortable, for me, it's his best position. As for 442, that's all well ad good until teams attack with the extra man , three will turn into 5 and someone will be stretched. Great win though, hard working, positive and on the front foot. We do need to see more quality though.

Hard work, innit My opinion (not Theory) is that Wilson looks better in a central position. He can go off both feet and his shape looks much more comfortable, for me, it's his best position. As for 442, that's all well ad good until teams attack with the extra man , three will turn into 5 and someone will be stretched. Great win though, hard working, positive and on the front foot. We do need to see more quality though.
    4-4-2 works quite well against a 5 at the back though. Bristol City play that way as well, so I think we'll see that continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    4-4-2 works quite well against a 5 at the back though. Bristol City play that way as well, so I think we'll see that continue.
    I think it'll continue as well. It's only 5 at the back when they're defending though, 5 in midfield when they attack. One of the strikerswill have to drop in at times.

I think it'll continue as well. It's only 5 at the back when they're defending though, 5 in midfield when they attack. One of the strikerswill have to drop in at times.
    Glatzel did some of the dog work, and Moore ran himself into the ground. I think it's asking a lot of Hoilett and Wilson in the wide positions, as well as Ralls and Pack but that's the flaws of the 442!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Glatzel did some of the dog work, and Moore ran himself into the ground. I think it's asking a lot of Hoilett and Wilson in the wide positions, as well as Ralls and Pack but that's the flaws of the 442!
    Yup, Glatzel did work hard, they all did. The only concern with 442 is that it's a very flat formation in my opinion, it's not very flexible. If teams have the ability to move the ball quickly with that extra man then we could end up in trouble.

Yup, Glatzel did work hard, they all did. The only concern with 442 is that it's a very flat formation in my opinion, it's not very flexible. If teams have the ability to move the ball quickly with that extra man then we could end up in trouble.
    I don't necessarily think we will play 442 against a 433/451 etc but Harris made special note of the fact we made changes to play against a 3-4-3, which is similar to the Wurzels.

We often seen that under DJ.
    One minute a team would be playing in front of Rae/Mcphail and in the blink of an eye and a couple of quick passes they were beyond our midfield and running at the defence with McPhail/Rae chasing back.

He was wasted playing out wide on the right last night. !

He should be playing more central. (what some refer to as a number 10 (TEN, for SP), in my day it was classed as an "inside left" (Ivor Allchurch style)

I've given up hope of seeing Tomlin and Wilson in the same side ,perhaps we shouldn't have renewed Tomlin's contract and used his wages to bring in another Wilson type loan