+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I think history will repeat itself and he’ll be gone after this loss.
    Seems as though Tuesday’s win was a blip in form.
    I'm not so sure but here's a list of out of work managers.

We'll be scrolling quite a way down.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trai...iner/statistik

I think history will repeat itself and he’ll be gone after this loss.
    Seems as though Tuesday’s win was a blip in form.
    Really? We've been much the better side, hardly Harris' fault Bennett played a silly pass and our forwards fluffed their lines

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Really? We've been much the better side, hardly Harris' fault Bennett played a silly pass and our forwards fluffed their lines
    That's what I think.

I get that its a results business but the last 180 minutes have been half decent.

We battered them in the 1-0 loss under Warnock last year

We just look awful when we go behind.
    I've never felt like we were going to score, even with all the pressure.

Needless to say our record of making slow starts under Harris is dreadful.
    We may as well give the opposition an aggregate score before we start a game. It’s ridiculous and he hasn’t rectified it.

We battered them in the 1-0 loss under Warnock last year
    Personally I think we’ve made this nothing but comfortable for Bristol, and this was part of their game plan to sit back and stay solid.

fecking sh1t start to the weekend

Bentley has been MotM. It feel like we have been Warnocked. Feck.

Can we at least recognise some of the sloppiness is because we're no longer a risk free side?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    We just look awful when we go behind.
    I've never felt like we were going to score, even with all the pressure.
    We've won 1 league game after going behind since Harris has been in charge. That was last December at home to Barnsley. Says it all really

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The ref ain't giving us anything so we'll have to do it ourselves.
    Look at what I say about him in post 3 of the thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    We've won 1 league game after going behind since Harris has been in charge. That was last December at home to Barnsley. Says it all really
    It really does.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    While I agree, I don’t think this one is on Harris. We have absolutely murdered them and not scored
    We didn't murder them in the final third, we can't continue to throw hopeful balls into the big lads time after time and hope it works at some point, it's got to be a bit more thought out that that in my opinon. So very predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Look at what I say about him in post 3 of the thread
    We've had a lot worse refs tbf and it is a fool who says that anyone on our team had a better game than Mr Webb.

Shame that football, like most businesses, is results driven though.

This is a decent group of players (and I haven’t often said that) with some quite exciting talent, so the results should be far better. Everyone can see that.

If you back a manager by compiling a decent squad and they don’t deliver there is only one outcome.

And the clock is ticking.

Only caught the second half so I might have missed the better chances but fromwhat I saw we still fail to create too much by way of clear opportunities.

Our slow starts to matches and not so ruthless defending will condemn us to the lower reaches, lack of goal threat just makes it all the more grim to watch.

Happy Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We didn't murder them in the final third, we can't continue to throw hopeful balls into the big lads time after time and hope it works at some point, it's got to be a bit more thought out that that in my opinon. So very predictable.
    I do have to agree,just have a run at them from central midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Bentley has been MotM. It feel like we have been Warnocked. Feck.

Can we at least recognise some of the sloppiness is because we're no longer a risk free side?
    He made one really good save from a header which looked like it would have hit the post and collected a few crosses well, but, apart from that, none of his saves were that difficult - our finishing wasn't good enough and the Barnsley game apart were struggling to put the ball in the net.

Gutted to lose. That's fecked up the weekend nice and bloody early. And as miserable as I am, at least I've got that feeling that if we keep playing more like we have the last two games we will soon be climbing up the table.

I think that's pretty much the best that this squad can play. 1st minute apart, defensively sound, strong midfield, and lots [and lots, and lots, and lots,] of crosses and corners into the box. On another day we'd possibly get one, but we just haven't got the players to open up defences. Still think Wilson's impact will be marginal playing in this team..

Huffed and puffed against a poor Bristol team. Apart from Wilson, nobody looked comfortable having the ball. The number of times we had the opportunity to break forward but chose to move backwards and take the safety option was frustrating. Apart from the freak result in
    midweek, we have been very poor recently. Signing Wilson almost already looks a waste of money if we are not going to compete this season

Absolutely bossing them. Ralls having another stormer, amazing what happens when you play players in their actual positions. If we were 2-0 up, they could have no complaints.
    But we lost 1-0! 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We had plenty of chances though, I think Harris will go soon because for whatever reason it isn't working. I don't think Wilson is a 10 myself, he drifts in and out of games too much. This has been a really poor period, we've played rubbish in the last 4 and have got 4 points.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I think that's pretty much the best that this squad can play. 1st minute apart, defensively sound, strong midfield, and lots [and lots, and lots, and lots,] of crosses and corners into the box. On another day we'd possibly get one, but we just haven't got the players to open up defences. Still think Wilson's impact will be marginal playing in this team..
    A decent manager would have the team playing much better. After all, we finished 5th last season and have two decent additions since then in Moore and Wilson. Taxi for Harris. He's just a Poundland Neil Warnock. Let's go get Pearson while he is still available.

While I agree, I don’t think this one is on Harris. We have absolutely murdered them and not scored
    Unfortunately it is on Harris.
    We played a front two on Tuesday, which seemed to work well.
    Tonight he panicked and went back to a lone striker. Bristol are not that good and their league position cannot be sustained.
    Harris picked a side which would be correct if we were playing Chelsea away, not Bristol at home.
    Yes we bossed the game and it could have been far different if we had gone 1-0 up.