To be honest, before he signed for City in August, my knowledge of Kieffer Moore was limited to having seeing him play for Wigan at the CCS back in February, when he scored twice and looked pretty decent. I've largely lost interest in international football since the Nations League was introduced, so I haven't watched any of Moore's appearances for Wales.

Having checked his stats on Soccerbase this morning, I was surprised to find that he was playing in the National League for Forest Green Rovers as recently as January 2017. Since then, he's played Championship football for four clubs and his stats are as follows:

2016/17 (Ipswich) = 0 (+ 11) apps, 0 goals
2017/18 (Barnsley) = 16 (+ 4) apps, 4 goals
2019/20 (Wigan) = 32 (+ 4) apps, 10 goals
2020/21 (Cardiff) = 10 (+ 1) apps, 3 goals

Championship totals = 58 (+20) apps, 17 goals

Moore did have one previous season at Championship level with Yeovil back in 2013/14. His record for the Glovers as they finished rock bottom of the table was: 10 (+ 10) apps, 4 goals. Therefore, his overall Championship record is: 68 (+ 30) apps, 21 goals.

By way of a direct and very close comparison, Kenneth Zohore's Championship stats for Cardiff, West Brom and Millwall are: 62 (+ 35) apps, 27 goals.

Moore's record for Wigan last season was interesting. He failed to score in any of his first 12 Championship matches for the Latics, but then scored 10 goals in his next 24 games.

His scoring record in League One for Rotherham (2017/18) and Barnsley (2018/19) was excellent. He netted a total of 30 goals in just 45 (+ 18) games for the two South Yorkshire clubs.

Moore celebrated his 28th birthday in August, so he's obviously something of a late developer in football terms. To go from playing in the National League in early 2017 to being an international regular for Wales in 2019 is an impressive feat. However, having watched most of his appearances for City so far this season, I firmly believe the expectations of him would be significantly reduced if he wasn't a Welsh international. To me, he looks a useful Championship performer for sure and certainly far more suited to the division than Robert Glatzel, but nothing in Moore's playing record suggests to me that he's going to be a frequent scorer at this level.