+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T - Wooden logs for gardens - anyone recommend a local supplier near Cardiff please?

O/T - Wooden logs for gardens - anyone recommend a local supplier near Cardiff please?

I'm after 1.2m x 100mm chamfered finishes on both ends

Re: O/T - Wooden logs for gardens - anyone recommend a local supplier near Cardiff please?

Bump - come on you lot - there is a usually a professor on here about all topics

Re: O/T - Wooden logs for gardens - anyone recommend a local supplier near Cardiff please?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Bump - come on you lot - there is a usually a professor on here about all topics
    Depends what you mean by logs, are you after actual logs or tanalised timber, like railway sleepers? you give a 100mm measurement, that's only 4 inches. Try selco, they've got a decent hard landscaping range.

100mm x 100mm, that's 4 inch by 4 inch, there's plenty of that in selco i think, although you may have to chamfer the edges yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Depends what you mean by logs, are you after actual logs or tanalised timber, like railway sleepers? you give a 100mm measurement, that's only 4 inches. Try selco, they've got a decent hard landscaping range.
    When I seen 100mm I thought he wanted pole type for edging.

I got my “sleepers” from Selco. 5 years ago mind

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    When I seen 100mm I thought he wanted pole type for edging.

I got my “sleepers” from Selco. 5 years ago mind
    Maybe you're right, not really enough info.

llanguard point you can collect from the docks in cardiff

is it a retaining wall you looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maybe you're right, not really enough info.
    the 100mmm is usually the diameter he also says he wants 1.2 that would be the length

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    is it a retaining wall you looking for
    Yes a retaining wall - I have one already but they are now rotten - varying between 60cm and 45cm high

Yes a retaining wall - I have one already but they are now rotten - varying between 60cm and 45cm high
    they used to have 450 ,600,900,1200and 1800 lengths

they used to have 450,600,900,1200,and 1800 lengths

Thanks - Poc