Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    John Buchanan goal. CCFC vs Swansea 1980:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOvrAXaZKfg

I was there.
    Me too. Good call.

Re: Favourite City moments

Scott Young's winner against Leeds.

The emotion in the away end when the final whistle blew at The Riverside realising that The City were going to Wembley and not in a play off, LDV or whatever, it was the actual FA Cup, a fantastic feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Brilliant moment.
    Many blame our last penalty taker for losing that - I blame the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    John Buchanan goal. CCFC vs Swansea 1980:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOvrAXaZKfg

I was there.
    This has to be up there, for me. I was there too and still can't quite believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The emotion in the away end when the final whistle blew at The Riverside realising that The City were going to Wembley and not in a play off, LDV or whatever, it was the actual FA Cup, a fantastic feeling.
    Probably the best performance I've seen from a City team against Premier League opposition. Only the Man City home game runs it close.

Tony Villars goal against Palace,I was crushed into the old enclosure, watching him taking a one two pass and waltzing through the Palace defence still makes me smile, I've never seen a recording of it to see if my memories match the reality.

Surely the win against Real Madrid trumps them all. However, my most enjoyable game was the FA cup tie against Leeds as I was sitting 3 seats away from Peter Risdale the then Leeds Chairman who was devastated at the end of the match.

Andy Campbell's winner at the Millstad was a pretty epic moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Probably the most important too.

This was pretty satisfying:

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I was just yards from the goal when that went in. Great view of the winning goal, but had to watch most of the game on the big screen though

And AC was a classic case of "hero to zero" over the next couple of seasons.

As was this:

Very hard to pick between

Buchanan
    Campbell...and
    Ledley at Wembley vs Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Very hard to pick between

Buchanan
    Campbell...and
    Ledley at Wembley vs Barnsley
    All those - plus Whitts v Leicester in the away PO leg.

Dave Bennett's goal against Leicester at NP to make it 3-1 is one that always sticks in my mind. We were getting battered and he scored a great solo goal on the break at the Canton End. Don't suppose it's on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I was just yards from the goal when that went in. Great view of the winning goal, but had to watch most of the game on the big screen though

And AC was a classic case of "hero to zero" over the next couple of seasons.
    I was a ballboy sat on the halfway line when he scored.

Mine would be Whitts free kick vs Leicester. Wild celebrations.

When i think of Ben Turners goal vs Liverpool, i remember how deflated i was after the shootout, leaving Wembley and sitting on the tube.

The final whistle at the Barnsley semi final meaning that we would actually appearing in an FA Cup Final. Something always beyond my wildest dreams. Brought a tear to my eye.

Probably Brian Clark's header against Real Madrid would be my personal favourite and that would also be in the top 2 iconic moments alongside Fred Keenor lifting the cup.

As for personal favourites, especially in the last 25 years, there are no shortage of candidates: Scott Young's winner against Leeds, Andy Campbell's goal against QPR, Bellamy's winner against the Swans, Chop's last minute winner also against the Swans, Ledley's semi-final winner, Kermogant's fluffed Panenka for Leicester, Gunnar's first goal against Man City in the 3-2 win, Blakey's wonder goal against Man City, Turner's goal against Liverpool etc etc.

Camarasa's goal at leicester despite ultimately not being that 'significant' for us, is one of my faves. Packed out away end, starved of an away win for months and months, world class finish at the death, absolute bedlam

Chopra’s equaliser at Chelsea in 2010 sticks in the mind in terms of chaotic scenes in the away end. Think there were 7,000 City fans at Stamford Bridge that day. Got a bit lively outside.