+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite City moments

Re: Favourite City moments

Andy Campbell v QPR.
    Joe Ledley semi v Barnsley.
    John Buchanan's winner after Billy Ashcroft's late equaliser FA Cup 77.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    The final whistle at the Barnsley semi final meaning that we would actually appearing in an FA Cup Final. Something always beyond my wildest dreams. Brought a tear to my eye.
    There were tears in my eyes after that Barnsley game. Didnt have the same emotion on final day. Guess I might have if we'd won.
    The other time I shed a tear was Gunnar's first goal v Man City. The realisation we were in the Prem for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Chopra’s equaliser at Chelsea in 2010 sticks in the mind in terms of chaotic scenes in the away end. Think there were 7,000 City fans at Stamford Bridge that day. Got a bit lively outside.
    Yeah I got knocked to the ground in those celebrations. Not a problem in itself, it was over-exuberance, but we had some real tossers there that day. Some of the abuse Drogba took was a disgrace.

SIGN IN

CITY CLASSIC | CARDIFF CITY vs LEICESTER | 2010 PLAY-OFF SEMI FINAL | 2nd LEG

https://youtu.be/UmTY9lHdR3Q

An old one from my childhood me my brother and dad sat around the radio waiting for the BBC wales news the night we beat Bury in 76.

Not goal related. Back in the third division, in a packed Grange End having just played Barnet in a 1-1 draw. When it seems the entire Grange end spotted this HUGE Barnet fan in the away section and started "fatty, do the ayatollah!" Even the Barnet fans were laughing. it was a combination of us being near the top of the table, there being more than 16,000 there that day, made it a rather euphoric moment for the teenage me. Maybe you had to be there. Feel sorry for the Barnet fan now.