+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble at PSG

Trouble at PSG

Both trams walk off and refuse to play after alleged racist comment by 4th Official

Re: Trouble at PSG

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Both trams walk off and refuse to play after alleged racist comment by 4th Official

They're on track to finish the game now though.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Fat fingers 😂😂

They’ve gone right of the rails in the second half

Never mind the subject, Bill has made a typo........how funny....

Apparently the fourth official referred to a black player as "this black guy". Bit confused why he'd even mention the players skin colour if he didn't know the players name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It was funny, picturing a pair of trams departing a football pitch and what happened does deserve a smiley face. Both teams in perfect unison, full agreement to walk off, this is what is needed in incidents such as this particularly in UEFA competitions where a blind eye is very often turned. So & to the players and officials of both clubs, protests and clubs making a stand makes me happy.

If I don't see you, have a lovely Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Apparently the fourth official referred to a black player as "this black guy". Bit confused why he'd even mention the players skin colour if he didn't know the players name.
    It’s not as if they have their names on their backs or anything

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was funny, picturing a pair of trams departing a football pitch and what happened does deserve a smiley face. Both teams in perfect unison, full agreement to walk off, this is what is needed in incidents such as this particularly in UEFA competitions where a blind eye is very often turned. So & to the players and officials of both clubs, protests and clubs making a stand makes me happy.
    Yeah, but it's every time someone makes a typo on here, it's like being in school, then the thread can end up turning into a shit pun fest. I agree with what the players did.

If I don't see you, have a lovely Christmas!
    Santa isn't in my Bubble.

International

OGS isn't having a fun night either.
    Oh dear, how sad, what a pity, never mind!!!

Maybe the fourth official was just acting his freedom of speech against a Marxist blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    That awkward moment when you ask someone in work what Jeff on floor 3 looks like and they don't want to mention black so they stammer around a few seconds before mentioning something obscure.

In countries where a race is a minority I don't get the problem in using skin colour in this way, calling a black person black doesn't strike me as anything offensive.

Micah Richards on CBS has also said he wouldn't be offended by this.

Perhaps there is more to it than that though.

From what the channel I watched were saying, it was the coach the 4th official was referring to.

Santa isn't in my Bubble.
    Did you mean 'bauble' ?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    AGS isn't having a fun night either.
    Oh dear, how sad, what a pity, never mind!!!
    AGS? You've done it now, although the pun crew may have a few problems with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Did you mean 'bauble' ?
    Now that's worth the wait. Thought out and clinical, i can go with that....

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    That awkward moment when you ask someone in work what Jeff on floor 3 looks like and they don't want to mention black so they stammer around a few seconds before mentioning something obscure.

In countries where a race is a minority I don't get the problem in using skin colour in this way, calling a black person black doesn't strike me as anything offensive.

From what the channel I watched were saying, it was the coach the 4th official was referring to.
    Yeah you're right, it was an assistant coach not a player.

I don't think it's racist either, it reminds me of the Cavani incident the other week where there's a bit of culture clash

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Maybe the fourth official was just acting his freedom of speech against a Marxist blah blah blah
    Winner.

Those are edge cases though. If it’s 10 white lads and 1 black lad on a bank of desks in an office and you need to know who Jeff is, thats one thing (albeit still a bit ropey)

There’s at least 6 black players out on the pitch so to say “that black player there” is just fcking lazy racism

AGS? You've done it now, although the pun crew may have a few problems with that one.
    No pun here, his first name is Awful

I have worked in places when im the only white person in the group and some who dont know my name have said ask the white fella over there or go and see the white fella and i dont find it wrong in anyway if they dont know my name.

International

At least this time I got in an edited it in time. (I think)

International

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Those are edge cases though. If it’s 10 white lads and 1 black lad on a bank of desks in an office and you need to know who Jeff is, thats one thing (albeit still a bit ropey)

There’s at least 6 black players out on the pitch so to say “that black player there” is just fcking lazy racism
    You just say "Jeff?" in a loud voice and see who looks up. What would you do if they were all black or all white or all chinese?