+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfer Window Soon!

Transfer Window Soon!

Only a few weeks away. Should we expect any movement?

Personally I think we're in dire need of some cover at right back and a creative number 10.

I was speaking to a Sheff Utd fan the other day and he mentioned Kieron Freeman wouldn't be a terrible option at right back. He was released by them a few months ago and is still a free agent as far as I know.

Re: Transfer Window Soon!

If we continue to play 442, we need someone to cover/upgrade Harris.

We can sign Freeman now, his extensive injury record must be scaring teams.

We should look into the loan market for youngsters that are not getting games.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Only a few weeks away. Should we expect any movement?

Personally I think we're in dire need of some cover at right back and a creative number 10.

I was speaking to a Sheff Utd fan the other day and he mentioned Kieron Freeman wouldn't be a terrible option at right back. He was released by them a few months ago and is still a free agent as far as I know.
    Bacuna has Premier League experience with Villa and Reading at RB and is doing well and Tutu is back in January so not sure why people are panicking!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We should look into the loan market for youngsters that are not getting games.
    We've only got one loan spot left, well 2 if you don't include Benkovic

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Bacuna has Premier League experience with Villa and Reading at RB and is doing well and Tutu is back in January so not sure why people are panicking!
    Because Bacuna is one of our best centre mids, and we're an few injuries/suspensions away from having 0 centre mids and 0 right backs!

Depends what the club has in mind. If they are targeting promotion (lets hope so), then they also need to think about that happens if we do go up. All those loan players will have to go back at some point....

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I wasn't counting him. Forgot all about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Benkovic does seem to be a waste of a wage, something must have even been agreed on by our management team that at the moment Sol Bamba, who was thought to be out of the picture, is a better bet than him.

Joe Allen ?

A proper backup right back would mean Bacuna can go back to being in midfield, giving us 4 good options in there

Other than a right back I'd agree we need another striker in the mould of Harris

I'd like to see Wilson play in the centre behind Moore so I think a right winger that crosses well would fit the shape. Not sure if Harris thinks that way long term or if he wants to keep him out wide where I feel he's wasted for long periods. Obviously a right back is priority. I can see Gavin Whyte being loaned out.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Depends what the club has in mind. If they are targeting promotion (lets hope so), then they also need to think about that happens if we do go up. All those loan players will have to go back at some point....
    If we go up we will have the money to buy them if we want! If we don’t we can get other 5 loan players from the Premier League that’s what the Jacks and most successful Championship clubs do every year rather than continually buying journeymen who wouldn’t be any good in the Premier League anyway!

I'm quite happy with Bacuna playing right back. I've never quite seen what he offers in central midfield. He certainly doesn't offer an improvement on Ralls or Vaulks.

A RB should be the priority, only because Bacuna gives us more options in midfield
    I'm not sure about another forward in the mould of Mark Harris though
    I think there may be enough about him to establish himself as a regular in the team, at the moment he just needs patience from the fans and time to see if he can fulfill that potential
    Tomlin will be back in January and that will be like a new signing.
    We may have to move 2-3 out if anyone else is coming in, and unless they take their chances when they get them that would look like Murphy, Whyte and Possibly Baglan going out on loan to get regular game time

International

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    A RB should be the priority, only because Bacuna gives us more options in midfield
    I'm not sure about another forward in the mould of Mark Harris though
    I think there may be enough about him to establish himself as a regular in the team, at the moment he just needs patience from the fans and time to see if he can fulfill that potential
    Tomlin will be back in January and that will be like a new signing.
    We may have to move 2-3 out if anyone else is coming in, and unless they take their chances when they get them that would look like Murphy, Whyte and Possibly Baglan going out on loan to get regular game time
    New signing my arse! On that principle he has ben about 20 new signings since he arrived.
    I'm sick of people always bringing Tomlin into these discussions. forget him, he is a waste of space. Waiting for him to be fit for a run of games is like waiting for the last bus when you've already missed it.
    He is a waste of money and offers something that he never delivers, a 90 minute game No 10 that you can rely on to have in your team because you know he'll be there next week and you can build around him.
    A waste of money and always has been. People will talk about his brilliant moments but all that money could have got a No 10 who has 90 minute brilliant moments.

I'm more concerned that a club is going to poach Moore especially if his current performances continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I'm more concerned that a club is going to poach Moore especially if his current performances continue.
    At least 6 months or so into his deal we would finally get a decent fee for someone.

From a fan point of view though let's hope that fee is too much for those interested.

Inevitable though, if players does well, which we want them to, then there will be attention.