+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millwall fans clapping players standing up v QPR

Millwall fans clapping players standing up v QPR

Have I misunderstood or did they just give in to the racist fans

International

Re: Millwall fans clapping players standing up v QPR

They were all collectively holding a banner supporting the drive to oust racism from football and everything else.
    Lets assume that is what was being clapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Yes they did.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Yes they did.
    Yup, missed a trick with that one, if they'd have taken the knee then who could accuse it of being stale?

Yep completely bottled it

Wasn't it agreed beforehand that because QPR players do not take a knee before games, the players would link arms?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Wasn't it agreed beforehand that because QPR players do not take a knee before games, the players would link arms?
    QPR took the knee.

Yep, they completely bottled it and gave in to racist w@nkers. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    So just for clarification ...

Anybody who disagree’s with “taking the knee” in its current guise is a racist, they don’t think that systemic racism exists and they don’t want to see an equal society even if they would prefer to see an egalitarian movement driven by a different vehicle to BLM?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Anybody who disagree’s with “taking the knee” in its current guise is a racist, they don’t think that systemic racism exists and they don’t want to see an equal society even if they would prefer to see an egalitarian movement driven by a different vehicle to BLM?
    I think that it was more a reaction to the Millwall fans who booed against Marxism on saturday, who were by and large, quite probably, racists.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I agree with that. I really don't see how you can reach any other conclusion.

If Millwall "fans" were booing supposedly because they believed taking the knee was supportive of Marxism, it became very clear to them from comments afterwards that it patently isn't. In which case they should actually have taken the knee vs QPR and the Millwall "fans" have could shown their support for the very mild anti-racist sentiment it encapsulates.

If OTOTH the Millwall "fans" were booing because they're racists, they would presumably have booed again at taking the knee. In which case they would hopefully have got a shedload of deserved opprobrium.

Clearly the football club decided it couldn't risk the latter and, as you say, bottled it.

First Team

I think about it the other way around. If you aren't a racist, you believe racism is endemic and systematic, and you desire a more equal society, what possible objections could you have to taking the knee?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I think about it the other way around. If you aren't a racist, you believe racism is endemic and systematic, and you desire a more equal society, what possible objections could you have to taking the knee?
    I see.
    If you float, you are a witch.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I wouldn't say that, but I would say that it's reasonable to deduce that anyone who speaks as you're doing looks like someone who is looking for excuses to justify their position.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wouldn't say that, but I would say that it's reasonable to deduce that anyone who speaks as you're doing looks like someone who is looking for excuses to justify their position.
    Apologies to az city, my post was meant to be a reply to this one by Wash DC Blue;-

"So just for clarification ...

Anybody who disagree’s with “taking the knee” in its current guise is a racist, they don’t think that systemic racism exists and they don’t want to see an equal society even if they would prefer to see an egalitarian movement driven by a different vehicle to BLM?"

You can generally speaking split the views expressed on Question Time etc. on this matter into one of four categories:

1. The UK is not racist, we should pursue policies which negatively target people based on race. This movement is anti-British
    2. Of course the UK should be anti-racist, but we're willing to highlight the most extreme ends of this movement to dissuade people from asking for actual changes just in case it gets in the way of policies such as accelerating the hostile environment ("ignoring evidence that its flagship hostile environment policy would lead to racial discrimination." i.)
    3. We need to make changes to become anti-racist, but these changes should be moderate so we can bring in people from group 2 to support them. Please don't pay too close attention to our own record.
    4. We need to boldly be anti-racist and all examine how we behave to ensure we're part of the solution. This can't be a one-off symbol and must lead to change, (changes undefined, movement has more moderate and extreme voices).

Until Millwall fans revealed themselves to be supporters of the political voices from group 1 or 2, Millwall FC were willing to be boldly anti-racist, but as soon Millwall fans revealed themselves to be one of first two groups, apparently opposing the politics of it all, Millwall moved themselves into group 3. This is fine, a coalition of people is needed to bring in change, but not fine if further political pressure moves them into group 2 when they're no longer anti-racist in action just willing to support the theory of it all. Most of the footballers haven't been watching QT etc. but were captured by strong emotions felt earlier this year. Oh, and QPR players celebrated their goal by kneeling.

i. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...nment-measures

No just those booing and abusing those taking the knee.

Millwall must be a terribly racist club if 2k picked at random were mostly racists.

As with all things, it's never as black or white as that.

The supporters club have said they disagree with the political angle of BLM (they are in a city where protesters also caused damage to property and vandalised statues etc) , should that result in the booing of people taking the knee who aren't necessarily supporting the political angle, but merely showing solidarity? In my opinion no, but it also doesn't make them all racist.

There's disagreeing and then there's actively booing an anti racist stance. If you were truly an anti racist you wouldn't boo an anti racist gesture regardless of the politics that may be linked with it. The "they're booing the dangerous Marxists who've taken over" stuff is laughable

The arseholes booing the knee gesture were and are racists

All this Marxist cobblers is bollocks

They are bonehead racists

Is disagreeing with the knee gesture racist ? Course not

Is saying its time to end the gesture racist ? Course not

Perfectly valid opinions

Is booing the gesture instead of keeping quiet racist ?

Course it is , nailed on right wing racism

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The arseholes booing the knee gesture were and are racists

All this Marxist cobblers is bollocks

They are bonehead racists

Is disagreeing with the knee gesture racist ? Course not

Is saying its time to end the gesture racist ? Course not

Perfectly valid opinions

Is booing the gesture instead of keeping quiet racist ?

Course it is , nailed on right wing racism
    So it's not racism as long as you don't share your opinion? What a load of shit.
    I'd never boo the knee and i'm all for an anti racism campaign but not the under the Blm banner.
    I have witnessed these morons first hand and so have some of my black and asian work mates who also don't like or agree with the blm.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    So it's not racism as long as you don't share your opinion? What a load of shit.
    I'd never boo the knee and i'm all for an anti racism campaign but not the under the Blm banner.
    I have witnessed these morons first hand and so have some of my black and asian work mates who also don't like or agree with the blm.
    You wouldn't boo the knee ?

Well you are not a racist then are you

Read what I posted

Don't agree with the BLM banner ? Fair enough

You are all for an anti racist campaign ?

You clearly are not a racist

But boneheads who can't stop themselves booing ?

Racist tossers , which is what I said , if you had read it

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You wouldn't boo the knee ?

Well you are not a racist then are you

Read what I posted

Don't agree with the BLM banner ? Fair enough

You are all for an anti racist campaign ?

You clearly are not a racist

But boneheads who can't stop themselves booing ?

Racist tossers , which is what I said , if you had read it
    So how is booing something you disagree with racist but if you just think it and keep quiet your not racist?
    What if a black person boos taking the knee because they disagree with it would that person be a racist bonehead?
    As i said i work with a few black and asian people and the majority think the fist pumps , Taking the knee and blm isn't helping racism much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Who gets to define a movement? The people who oppose it ("the actions/ideas which represent this movement are only the ones which are seen as most extreme"...whether those actions/ideas are real or made up), the people who organise it or the majority of people who chose whether to support it or not? If you agree with an anti-racism stance then you're still standing under a BLM banner whether you realise it or not, but if the organisers allow it to become the extreme thing opponents say it is already then a majority will find another banner to stand under instead.

From what I understand, Les Ferdinand doesn't agree with gestures like taking the knee if no other changes are made to make the offices of power more representative of the nation, the majority of people at least agree with us having a more representative history lesson rather than the white-washed version we get now, and some have more radical ideas about making payments to Africa as reparations. All are under the BLM banner currently. Almost no-one, apart from opponents and few others, are talking about banning words in songs etc.

I'm being generous here but SOME of those fans may have been booing because they have read about the hyper politicized aspect of the BLM movement.

However, MOST of them if asked will trot out the embarrassing mantra of "White lives matter too. It's actually racist to say that just Black lives matter"

Knuckle dragging, mentally challenged idiots. I would hope if that happened out our club the offenders would be banned.