+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coffee machine advice please.

Coffee machine advice please.

Wife fancies a coffee machine. Nothing too fancy, just one that reliably produces a hot frothy cappuccino. Budget could stretch to 200 but 100 pounds would be more acceptable.

I'm a Nescafe instant man myself and am almost totally ignorant of what's available out there so would be extremely grateful for any and all input.

Cheers.

Re: Coffee machine advice please.

Personally I like Nespresso. Sometimes they do a deal that with a new machine, if you order 200 capsules, you get a milk frother, but you can look out for deals on Boxing Day

Me and the guys in work use a Tassimo. However I believe Nespresso is the better machine.

We just got a Nespresso. Don’t bother unless you are seriously into your coffee. We didn’t realise until after we bought it you can only buy pods from them.

If you just want a frothy coffee there’s cheaper out there with cheaper pods.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

For around £100 take a look at the following pod makers

Magimix Essenza Mini

DeLonghi Genio S

But like JRH says. Unless you really enjoy that nespresso flavour you can get other coffee makers cheaper without pods and just add a milk frother if that’s the style of coffee you prefer

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We just got a Nespresso. Don’t bother unless you are seriously into your coffee. We didn’t realise until after we bought it you can only buy pods from them.

If you just want a frothy coffee there’s cheaper out there with cheaper pods.
    I've seen Nespresso compatible pods on Group On.
    Weve had a Tassimo for nearly 10 years and love it. Tend to but the pods directly from them to get discounts and a far better range of products.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I've seen Nespresso compatible pods on Group On.
    Weve had a Tassimo for nearly 10 years and love it. Tend to but the pods directly from them to get discounts and a far better range of products.
    Probably the original machine. The new Nespresso Vertuo the pods can only be bought from Nespresso. They got a special barcode on each pod.

We've got a tassimo, can't fault it, although I'm a black coffee drinker. The eldest likes it for hot chocolate too. Pods from amazon, cheaper than the supermarket.

Thank you, all.