+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selfish me

Selfish me

We ain't going up.
    I would have swapped the last 4 for a win today.
    Feel gutted hate them twats.

Re: Selfish me

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    We ain't going up.
    You would swap 12 points for 3 points..?

Weird.

Wanna buy some magic beans..?

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    You would swap 12 points for 3 points..?

Weird.

That’s idiots for you Pete

I would too. If we aren't going to be in danger of going up then the points matter very little as long as we stay up. We are still below the top six position that he seemed to have been targeted.

It is the 'just another game' attitude that sees the Jack's turn us over before a ball has been kicked recently.

I'd expand on that by saying at the end of the season will you remember the four wins as fondly as if we had turned over the Jacks if we don'tget promoted? I very much doubt it.

I'd have traded the three points against Stoke for three against Bristol. Starting winning important games earlier may have avoided some of the pressure around past five games, seen us rest players against Stoke and have a better chance today.

Of course the 12 point winners are having the best day of their lives right now.
    Because the 12 points are going to amount to the square root of FA.
    But a win today would be remembered especially in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I would too. If we aren't going to be in danger of going up then the points matter very little as long as we stay up. We are still below the top six position that he seemed to have been targeted.

It is the 'just another game' attitude that sees the Jack's turn us over before a ball has been kicked recently.

I'd expand on that by saying at the end of the season will you remember the four wins as fondly as if we had turned over the Jacks if we don'tget promoted? I very much doubt it.
    it's an important game but I wouldn't swap 12 points for 3, rather than looking toward the top end of the table those 9 points thrown away (battered?) could well be the difference between staying up or going down

We never seem to be "up for it" in derby games recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    it's an important game but I wouldn't swap 12 points for 3, rather than looking toward the top end of the table those 9 points thrown away (battered?) could well be the difference between staying up or going down
    *bartered not battered

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    We ain't going up.
    Me too, it's the "this is just another game" attitude that means we never seem up for this game. Lose twice to them, the whole season is ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Me too, it's the "this is just another game" attitude that means we never seem up for this game. Lose twice to them, the whole season is ruined.
    And I would legitimately sacrifice promotion to beat Swansea twice, without a shadow of a doubt

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Something anything only has importance if you give it value. Personally I don’t hold any value in the Jacks so whatever they do or don’t do I don’t care......

except when we lose then it’s very important

And I would legitimately sacrifice promotion to beat Swansea twice, without a shadow of a doubt
    that is utterly mental

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    that is utterly mental
    Never started following Cardiff to get to the Premier League and after watching us there once, the pleasure of Chopras last minute winner far outweighs anything the Premier League offered me.

Never started following Cardiff to get to the Premier League and after watching us there once, the pleasure of Chopras last minute winner far outweighs anything the Premier League offered me.
    When you say it like that it makes more sense. It still seems odd to me but sorry about the utterly mental. Out of interest would you be happy to get relegated as long as we beat Swansea twice? It's much the same thing if you don't care about which league you're in

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    When you say it like that it makes more sense. It still seems odd to me but sorry about the utterly mental. Out of interest would you be happy to get relegated as long as we beat Swansea twice? It's much the same thing if you don't care about which league you're in
    No worries at all mate it does sound mental to most.

I knew you'd ask that question 🤣 and to be honest I don't know. The negative impact of relegation could eventually mean I don't have a club at all so it's not as much of a cut and dry answer.

No worries at all mate it does sound mental to most.

I knew you'd ask that question �� and to be honest I don't know. The negative impact of relegation could eventually mean I don't have a club at all so it's not as much of a cut and dry answer.
    True, I guess you could make the argument that going up provides the club with more money but I'm not even sure that's true for most club for a sustainable period once you factor in the bigger wages/transfer fees you have to shell out.

I definitely enjoy the promotions seasons more than the seasons in the Premiership, the chase is way more exciting than the catch. I wouldn't swap it for 6 points against Swansea though, even if Chopra's winner is one of my all time favourite moments

I dislike Bristol City even more than the Jack's (an age thing) but would I swap even one defeat by them for one of our Cup Finals, promotions etc ? No way ! It is totally nonsensical.

The older you get the more you are able to put things into perspective. You will find you are able to put disappointments behind you much easier.

It is still great to look back on games like the one with the last minute Chopra goal but the defeats are consigned to history and never given another thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I dislike Bristol City even more than the Jack's (an age thing) but would I swap even one defeat by them for one of our Cup Finals, promotions etc ? No way ! It is totally nonsensical.

The older you get the more you are able to put things into perspective. You will find you are able to put disappointments behind you much easier.

It is still great to look back on games like the one with the last minute Chopra goal but the defeats are consigned to history and never given another thought.
    Nonsensical to you.

When I'm 80 and people are asking for me to tell them my top ten moments following Cardiff, the promotions to the Premier League won't be in there. Chops and Bellamy's winners will be

Really? Surely a promotion season offers far more to enjoy than a mediocre season where we beat that lot twice?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Really? Surely a promotion season offers far more to enjoy than a mediocre season where we beat that lot twice?
    Did you enjoy getting spanked by Tottenham and Man Utd at home? Didn't enjoy one second the 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

We will definitely remember the 2020-21 season if the Jacks beat us again in March at the Liberty! It'll be the first time one side has done the double over the other.

Did you enjoy getting spanked by Tottenham and Man Utd at home? Didn't enjoy one second the 90 minutes.
    Did we get promoted by playing Tottenham and Man Utd? The promotion season was fantastic, the win at Hull was a brilliant day and one of my favourite following the club

Even in the Premier League there were some great moments, Camarasa's goal at Leicester, winning at Old Trafford. I wouldn't swap the promotion season and those moments for beating Swansea