+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The game showed Harris' limitations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The game showed Harris' limitations

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Would Ralls, Vaulks or Pack get into the Swansea midfield. No chance. They can't pass the ball well enough or create opportunities.
    I think Pack would fit into Swansea's team quite well and Ralls is better than both Smith & Fulton

If you turn the game into a scrap, we'll come out on top.

If we get on top early, we'll come out on top.

If you keep the ball and score early, we'll end up chasing shadows.

We've beaten 4 good sides recently but we couldn't get near Swansea today. They're a good side, their players are underrated and ours are vastly overrated. They defended ever so well, too. We've got a centre mid at right back and neither centre mid in our team can pass. Ralls in the right team could be very effective however, as we have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

We've beaten 4 good sides recently but we couldn't get near Swansea today. They're a good side, their players are underrated and ours are vastly overrated. They defended ever so well, too. We've got a centre mid at right back and neither centre mid in our team can pass. Ralls in the right team could be very effective however, as we have seen.
    Interesting you say that about them defensively. They were fantastic.

I notice they were happy to foul just inside their own half and leave us launch aimless free kicks towards the box. They defended a high line. We got 4 or 5 flick ons into the 6 yard box to no-one as a result. When we did have throw-ins, corners and free kicks close to their box, I noticed how much of a height advantage we had. They doubled up, timed their leaps well and nullified our set pieces. They did the ugly things very well. Their game management was very good, too. It's no surprise that they've won lots of games 1-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Interesting you say that about them defensively. They were fantastic.

I notice they were happy to foul just inside their own half and leave us launch aimless free kicks towards the box. They defended a high line. We got 4 or 5 flick ons into the 6 yard box to no-one as a result. When we did have throw-ins, corners and free kicks close to their box, I noticed how much of a height advantage we had. They doubled up, timed their leaps well and nullified our set pieces. They did the ugly things very well. Their game management was very good, too. It's no surprise that they've won lots of games 1-0.
    They were a good side and were very good defensively

Fantastic is pushing it a bit

‘4 good sides’? Did you watch any of the games?

Stoke were absolutely rubbish and Luton and Huddersfield little better.

Swansea are a good side (well they pass and move anyway) and so are Bournemouth.

We on the other hand are absolutely dreadful.

That cannot have escaped even your attention? (I’m assuming that you saw the game today and so were able to compare and contrast the two teams?)

Harris played the same side in 5 games back-to-back despite Nelson and Vaulks in particular looking off the pace against Stoke. Then, knowing we have have a game Wednesday, a weeks break and then 3 games in 8 days, he kept on key players yesterday for another 90 minutes even though the game had realistically gone from Ralls red card on 67 minutes. I think that's a case of making a mistake and then doubling down on it which does show his naivety as a manager, and potentially limitations of our squad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Swansea are a good side (well they pass and move anyway) and so are Bournemouth.

That cannot have escaped even your attention? (I’m assuming that you saw the game today and so were able to compare and contrast the two teams?)
    Here we go. A total inability to accept that in the previous four games Harris got the team selection, tactics, substitutions right (12 points, 10 goals scored, one goal conceded) and then you go on to denigrate the four wins by saying the opposition was rubbish (whilst totally forgetting that we also beat Watford, one of the strongest sides in the division). We got it wrong yesterday and played poorly, which played into your hands as a constant Harris and City hater. No doubt you are eagerly awaiting the next defeat. I really don't understand what you get out of your constant criticism. You obviously don’t enjoy following City but you obviously enjoy moaning, as you appear have made it into something of an art form. PS. We drew with Bournemouth by the way, so by your logic they cant be that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

All 4 sides were above us. 2 of them still are. I notice you conveniently left out Watford because that didn't suit your argument. Has it occurred to you that we made them look bad? Bournemouth have 30/40m pound players. You said it was embarrassing for us, I think it is embarrassing for them that they're playing the likes of us.

Huddersfield won the game before us and the two after. Luton the same. Again, doesn't suit your argument.

All 4 sides were above us. 2 of them still are. I notice you conveniently left out Watford because that didn't suit your argument. Has it occurred to you that we made them look bad? Bournemouth have 30/40m pound players. You said it was embarrassing for us, I think it is embarrassing for them that they're playing the likes of us.

Huddersfield won the game before us and the two after. Luton the same. Again, doesn't suit your argument.
    Good points well made

Still we were b****y awful yesterday and continue to be every so many games

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Good points well made

Still we were b****y awful yesterday and continue to be every so many games
    Absolutely. We are immensely frustrating and we're really going to struggle if Moore is going to be out for any length of time. He's so good for us. I think they'll be a reaction in midweek but we need to get to the bottom of why we're conceding the first goal so often. Is it 11 times this season?

Exactly. Since the defeat at Coventry, Harris has changed to a system that wins us games if we play well. Before that, we weren't winning games even when the performances were decent. We would probably have won yesterday if we had scored the first goal, but when that didn't happen the result was inevitable.