+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why oh why did we bother to sign Harry Wilson?

Re: Why oh why did we bother to sign Harry Wilson?

In fairness to the lad he put in a hell of a shift tonight.

Great run and finish for the goal.
    Hope he proves me wrong.

I base most of what I said previously on his performances for Wales and he hasn't really hit the ground running here until tonight but hopefully plenty more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

Hope he proves me wrong.

I base most of what I said previously on his performances for Wales and he hasn't really hit the ground running here until tonight but hopefully plenty more to come.
    2 assists and a goal, can't argue with that

Thats why we signed him. Goal assist. Needs better around him rather than feeding on scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Thats why we signed him. Goal assist. Needs better around him rather than feeding on scraps.
    We need to get him in the game. We did that 2nd half.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Watch you don’t crack your teeth 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Easily the most talented in our midfield despite my previous comments.

He can influence a game at this level as shown tonight with a hand in all 3 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We need to get him in the game. We did that 2nd half.
    He played much better cutting in from the right wing on his left foot.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    Neil Harris is making him look like a mug!

Our tactics coupled with playing him out wide mean that the only effect he can have on the game is the occasional free kick.

What a complete waste of a talent.
    Steve R, is that you?

Take his set pieces out of the equation and he isn't that great.
    This is absolute bollocks in fairness

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Watch you don’t crack your teeth ��
    Genuinely happy that he did well tonight.

What you pro Harris lot need to realise is we all want the same thing. You believe we can achieve this with Harris, some of us don't. It doesn't suddenly mean we want City to get beat or anything else.

If we fulfill our potential under Harris then we'll all be happy. I might even force a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This is absolute bollocks in fairness
    He's not at the levels that some people put him at and I stand by that.

£20 million? Not for me, but then I dont value most players what they supposedly cost these days. And don't counter it by telling me how much we signed Murphy for. We all know that was ridiculous.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Your U turns are bigger than an oil tanker.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Your U turns are bigger than an oil tanker.
    No U turn. I don't think he is as good as many think he is. People are entitled to an opinion.

I suppose all the players you rate have come good and the ones you haven't have fallen by the wayside. Well done.

I'm in good company on here then aren't I.

You've posted twice on this thread and both having a grumble about me.

Actually you've posted three times. You had a dig at blue blade before me. You want to have a look about your own posts spreading positivity and sunshine before pointing the finger at anybody else.
    I have a go at anyone who comes on here deliberately peddling negativity about all things City. When you say you are in good company you must be referring to the 8 or 9 other people who regularly do the same thing and never say anything good or positive about the manager, team, club, players etc. Luckily you are not representative of the overall support (hint - the other 18000 or so regular supporters), most of whom actually enjoy watching/supporting their team. Your attack on Wilson was plainly totally ridiculous, as evidenced by tonights game.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I have a go at anyone who comes on here deliberately peddling negativity about all things City. When you say you are in good company you must be referring to the 8 or 9 other people who regularly do the same thing and never say anything good or positive about the manager, team, club, players etc. Luckily you are not representative of the overall support (hint - the other 18000 or so regular supporters), most of whom actually enjoy watching/supporting their team. Your attack on Wilson was plainly totally ridiculous, as evidenced by tonights game.
    What attack? I said if you take his set pieces out of his game he isn't that great. That's my opinion and won't be changed on one game. It was far from an attack, just disagreeing that he is as good as some say.

A few more performances like tonight and he could win me round. For me he is very hot and cold and as I say think he is rated by many because of his set pieces like the free kick at Old Trafford for Derby. Attacking him is a bit strong. It was a throw away comment on a message board and one that wasn't very harsh.

You carry on your crusade though and accuse people of attacking players because they don't totally agree with you. Enjoy it.

He's not at the levels that some people put him at and I stand by that.

£20 million? Not for me, but then I dont value most players what they supposedly cost these days. And don't counter it by telling me how much we signed Murphy for. We all know that was ridiculous.
    He’s easily a premier league winger worth 15-20 million which is nothing in this market.

Anyone who has watched him can see he’s a talent. No one is saying he’s Messi but he’s easily a premier league player and a cut above anyone else we have.

To say “ Take his set pieces out of the equation and he isn't that great.” is about as much bollocks as you can say.

He’s easily a premier league winger worth 15-20 million which is nothing in this market.

Anyone who has watched him can see he’s a talent. No one is saying he’s Messi but he’s easily a premier league player and a cut above anyone else we have.

To say “ Take his set pieces out of the equation and he isn't that great.” is about as much bollocks as you can say.
    Yeah I know. You already said.

But yet again he is plying his trade in the 2nd division.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    But yet again he is plying his trade in the 2nd division.
    Because his move to a premier league team fell through due to Liverpool and Burnley disagreeing and only the loan window to the championship was left open.

We’ve only got him due to a very lucky situation.

That is exactly what I mean about him being hot and cold.

Can't remember him doing much other than the free kick first half that I would have been disappointed with.

One of the best players in the Championship? Premier League quality without question? Not for me. For every good game he has it is closely followed by a game where he is anonymous. Not many covered themselves in glory today mind.

Can't remember him doing much other than the free kick first half that I would have been disappointed with.

One of the best players in the Championship? Premier League quality without question? Not for me. For every good game he has it is closely followed by a game where he is anonymous. Not many covered themselves in glory today mind.
    If Harris plays him CMF he would see more ball, we would create more chances and he would draw more fouls.

Give it a rest for goodness sake. You already made yourself look stupid a few days ago.

He did nothing today but he wasn't the only one. However, he is not a Premier League player in my opinion. That is why he is with us.

Did I?

Wilson has a good game and I look stupid. I'm talking of his consistency. He isn't very consistent at all.

Suppose you thought he looked one of the best players in the league and PL quality today?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    He did nothing today but he wasn't the only one. However, he is not a Premier League player in my opinion. That is why he is with us.
    Exactly this.

It seems that to some a players ability seems to be exaggerated when he pulls on the City shirt.

Sadly, for many, given the way we set up and play it is likely to affect them negatively by coming to us. We seem to coach attacking and entertaining football out of players.