+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burnley

Burnley

Their line up tonight consists of one Irishman, one New Zealander and nine Englishmen. Some sort of record nowadays I s’pose...........having a Kiwi

Re: Burnley

Seems to have worked for them tonight, whatever happened to Tom Heaton? Last time I checked on Burnley both him and Joe Hart were there?
    I wonder where we'd be having a manager like Dyche?
    I can't understand why a bigger club hasn't come in for him with his track record

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Seems to have worked for them tonight, whatever happened to Tom Heaton? Last time I checked on Burnley both him and Joe Hart were there?
    I can't understand why a bigger club hasn't come in for him with his track record
    joe hart is at spurs i think

WTF has happened to Arsenal

we might be playing them next season, in our division, not theirs

Whats happened to Arsenal? lost 4 at home on the bounce for first time since 1959!
    Arteta could do no wrong only a few months ago.

Those poor Arsenal fans.

Tom Heaton signed for Villa at the start of last season, but got injured and has been out for almost a year.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Whats happened to Arsenal? lost 4 at home on the bounce for first time since 1959!

Those poor Arsenal fans.
    Great to see after they hounded Ramsey and Wenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Tom Heaton, back in training now with the first team. Had a couple of practice games to get back in the swing of it.As for Sean Dyche, great manager with very limited resources. Tends to get the best out of what he’s got. Expect them to pull away from the bottom three. They won’t be down here next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Entitled *****. I have no sympathy.

Wenger changed football.

Dyche was, of course, Assistant to Malky Mackay at Watford and when MM was appointed here, he wanted Dyche to come with him. Dyche was then offered the Managerial role at Watford and chose to stay and take that opportunity. I seem to recall that, at the time, there were many comments from Watford fans that Dyche was the power behind Mackay's throne and they were very happy that he stayed. History, perhaps, has shown that to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Wenger changed football.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CIxoyPHH..._web_copy_link

Those poor Arsenal fans.
    They've never been the same since they sold us Derek Tapscott in 1958, been downhill ever since then?

Those poor Arsenal fans.
    I don't think they have poor fans looking at season ticket prices and the pull from the Islington elite

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Wenger changed football.
    Fans moaning when they don't win enough, wouldn't see that behaviour around here.

I posted on here a few months back that I'd noticed, watching a Burnley game, that there wasn't a single black player in Burnley's team that day. I emphasised that my post wasn't racially motivated but it seemed an unusual occurrence in a modern Premier League team. Not many on this Board responded to my message which isn't unusual because I mostly post of an evening when you're all tucked up asleep and the by the following morning most of my posts have slipped down the page and out of view

The OP has noticed the same thing in Sunday's Burnley line-up without drawing attention to the lack of a black player being on view.

Anyway, the title for this post drew my attention again and a quick look at Burnley FC's web page seems to show that there isn't a black player in their first team squad https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...eam/squad-list

Happily, there are a number of black players amongst Burnley's U-23's but I'll bet the Clarets are the only team in the PL without at least one black player in their first team squad?

that bellwhiff could do with a couple of seasons down Parc Ninian