+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pubs Without Substantial Meals.

Pubs Without Substantial Meals.

The WAG have pubs only allowed to serve alchohol without a meal in level 1.

Seeing how we will be in Level 4 soon it could be well into the summer before you can just go out for a beer.

Re: Pubs Without Substantial Meals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The WAG have pubs only allowed to serve alchohol without a meal in level 1.

Seeing how we will be in Level 4 soon it could be well into the summer before you can just go out for a beer.
    It's all about discouraging people from different households from meeting up indoors.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's all about discouraging people from different households from meeting up indoors.
    Which of course it won't. Drakeford is on record as saying that pubs and restaurants aren't the problem, its people meeting in their homes, families and communities.
    that is why this "Hit the pubs first" attitude annoys me so much. It's like they only do it because they can't do it to anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Which of course it won't. Drakeford is on record as saying that pubs and restaurants aren't the problem, its people meeting in their homes, families and communities.
    that is why this "Hit the pubs first" attitude annoys me so much. It's like they only do it because they can't do it to anything else.
    If he lets pubs operate normally and the pubs start filling up, some will ignore distancing etc rules, and virus rates rise, who is going to get the blame? Drakeford. He's preciding over a poisoned chalice, as is Johnson in England, Sturgeon in Scotland etc, an unwinnable position.

They should restrict the sale of alcohol in supermarkets, shops and off licences. I was in Morrison’s today and a couple 30 something blokes had 25-30 bottles of Prosecco types in their trolley, obviously going to have a big do. Last week young girl behind me had 18 bottles of Jack Daniels! Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    They should restrict the sale of alcohol in supermarkets, shops and off licences. I was in Morrison’s today and a couple 30 something blokes had 25-30 bottles of Prosecco types in their trolley, obviously going to have a big do. Last week young girl behind me had 18 bottles of Jack Daniels! Unbelievable.
    If people are going to have an indoor piss up they will get alcohol whatever the restrictions.

If people are going to have an indoor piss up they will get alcohol whatever the restrictions.
    Absolutely. One of the daftest is restrictions on paracetamol, where you can only buy 2 packs. Nothing stopping you from visiting several shops and stocking up.

Bring in Prohibition !

By taking away the potential for managed environments, which will lead them to going to someone's house instead

A YouGov poll showed that confidence in the Welsh Gov has dipped into being negative for the first time during the pandemic and I'm not surprised https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...covid_dec_2020

Absolutely. One of the daftest is restrictions on paracetamol, where you can only buy 2 packs. Nothing stopping you from visiting several shops and stocking up.
    There isn't, although it means that the stock levels are kept even if people are only allowed two packets, and people in that community get a fair chance at buying them. A person would have to be a major twat to drive about stocking up on paracetamol.

I'm totally confused on what's going on - so are pubs having their restrictions lifted between tomorrow and the 28th?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    By taking away the potential for managed environments, which will lead them to going to someone's house instead

A YouGov poll showed that confidence in the Welsh Gov has dipped into being negative for the first time during the pandemic and I'm not surprised https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...covid_dec_2020
    There is that, it doesn't seem to make sense to me. What makes even less sense is peoples ability to take responsibility for themselves, and their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I'm totally confused on what's going on - so are pubs having their restrictions lifted between tomorrow and the 28th?
    No.

Don't know, although the boxing day sales are off and two households can meet up over the christmas period.

No.
    So the current restrictions remain in place until the 28th at which time they get worse?

So the current restrictions remain in place until the 28th at which time they get worse?
    No. Full lockdown the 28th.

However non essential retail, gyms , hairdressers and a few other things close XMas eve. So the sales rush stopped.

I think hospitality closes at 6pm on XMas day.

Theres a lot closing on XMas Eve and the next day. Not sure of the difference between Xmas day and the 28th - probably just the household rules.

I think stopping the sales rush has to be the right thing.

And here lies the problem. Why will it lead them to go into someone else's house? It's called a lockdown for good reason. Have we been told it's ok for multiple households to mix? No. It's not ok in a pub or anywhere else. Anyone doing so are blatantly breaking the rules. I appreciate there are exceptions, but a piss-up is not an exception.

International

Pubs and everything reopen on 20thth, and full lockdown begins on 28th. But in his wisdom he has said pubs must close at 18.00 on Christmas day. Why can't he just let them do their normal thing on Christmas day and just not open on the 28th like everything else?
    They are being used as whipping boys once more, there is no justification for treating them any differently to anywhere else, no proof they cause more infection.
    his only reason for doing it is because they sell alcohol so all shops and supermarkets should be closed too.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why can't he just let them do their normal thing on Christmas day
    For what reason?

And here lies the problem. Why will it lead them to go into someone else's house? It's called a lockdown for good reason. Have we been told it's ok for multiple households to mix? No. It's not ok in a pub or anywhere else. Anyone doing so are blatantly breaking the rules. I appreciate there are exceptions, but a piss-up is not an exception.
    People are going to do it anyway, its absurdly naïve to think they won't as has been proven over the past few months. You've got an option between a managed environment which has invested in making their building safer with one way systems etc or people going to someone's house with cans of lager

I've followed the rules throughout and will continue to do so even if I don't necessarily agree with some of them, however I know plenty who haven't followed the rules and plan on continuing that by meeting in people's houses over the festive period. Had the pubs been open they'd have gone there instead in a safer environment.

For me, relying on people to do the "right thing" and appealing to their better judgement is pretty naïve and stupid.

pubs must close at 18.00 on Christmas day. Why can't he just let them do their normal thing on Christmas day and just not open on the 28th like everything else?
    .[/QUOTE]

Because of baby Jesus

People are going to do it anyway, its absurdly naïve to think they won't as has been proven over the past few months. You've got an option between a managed environment which has invested in making their building safer with one way systems etc or people going to someone's house with cans of lager

I've followed the rules throughout and will continue to do so even if I don't necessarily agree with some of them, however I know plenty who haven't followed the rules and plan on continuing that by meeting in people's houses over the festive period. Had the pubs been open they'd have gone there instead in a safer environment.

For me, relying on people to do the "right thing" and appealing to their better judgement is pretty naïve and stupid.
    You reckon that those people who are willing to get together in a group and get pissed up would've made the concerted decision to book a two hour slot with a limited amount of people and do their drinking at the pub? People who do that are making an effort to start with by following the rules put in place and acting responsibly, like plenty of people that i know.

Getting together at home in a group and having a good drink isn't some kind of natural progression from not being able to go to the pub for a couple of hours while this virus is still wiping people out. You make it sound like these dickheads are being forced into this kind of behaviour-It's extreme, there is no connection to people who act negligently like this and pubs closing. It's a bit like saying that because the central heating isn't working in my house then i'll just set fire to the living room, it'll keep us warm and i'm sort of being forced into doing it.

I'm not sure the pubs should've shut, or stopped serving alcohol, i've not seen the data. People will take the piss, that's for sure, but that's exactly what this is, no in between, people have options, although very limited. If they're that moronic that they can't get things like social distancing in their head then we're in for a bumpy ride over the next month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    pubs must close at 18.00 on Christmas day. Why can't he just let them do their normal thing on Christmas day and just not open on the 28th like everything else?
    Because of baby Jesus[/QUOTE]

Born in a barn, no rooms available in Bethlehem, that's what happens when people travel during the holiday season.

Pubs can currently open until 6pm but cannot sell any alcohol. On Christmas Day, they must close at 6:00pm and remain closed until further notice. They will not be allowed to sell alcohol at any stage over the Christmas period.

As far as I'm aware, no timescale or firm criteria has been mentioned as regards an end to the new restrictions, which will apply to all of Wales regardless of the virus infection rates in any specific area.

No word from Drakeford and Co on the sale of tea lights and toasters in supermarkets yet. The nation awaits further announcements with breath suitably bated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You reckon that those people who are willing to get together in a group and get pissed up would've made the concerted decision to book a two hour slot with a limited amount of people and do their drinking at the pub? People who do that are making an effort to start with by following the rules put in place and acting responsibly, like plenty of people that i know.

Getting together at home in a group and having a good drink isn't some kind of natural progression from not being able to go to the pub for a couple of hours while this virus is still wiping people out. You make it sound like these dickheads are being forced into this kind of behaviour-It's extreme, there is no connection to people who act negligently like this and pubs closing. It's a bit like saying that because the central heating isn't working in my house then i'll just set fire to the living room, it'll keep us warm and i'm sort of being forced into doing it.

I'm not sure the pubs should've shut, or stopped serving alcohol, i've not seen the data. People will take the piss, that's for sure, but that's exactly what this is, no in between, people have options, although very limited. If they're that moronic that they can't get things like social distancing in their head then we're in for a bumpy ride over the next month or so.
    I don't think it would have stopped everyone, but I think it would have stopped a large enough amount of people for it to be significant. Nor do I think that shutting pubs is "forcing" people to go into others houses, but its a fairly obvious logical step, "Pubs are shut, fancy coming to mine instead?" is hardly beyond the realms of possibility, its anecdotal but I know people who now have that attitude