+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 5 wins out of 6 , come on City!

5 wins out of 6 , come on City!

Yes it was a kick in the balls to lose against the jacks but come on bluebirds , those play offs are not out of sight yet

Re: 5 wins out of 6 , come on City!

Avoid defeat Saturday and it will ruin a few Xmas’s on here that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bobbys just rang B and Q and cancelled his pitchfork order

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Bobbys just rang B and Q and cancelled his pitchfork order
    “Sorry to hear that sir. Could we interest you in a rope?”

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yes it was a kick in the balls to lose against the jacks but come on bluebirds , those play offs are not out of sight yet
    Definitely the quickest I've got over a loss to the jacks and to beat them really means everything to me. Can't argue with 5 out of 6 wins.

Makes the meltdown on here on Saturday even more ridiculous. We know what we're about, we know what to expect. I fancied us tonight, Birmingham are a crap version of us and it showed. We'd have all snapped your hands off for 5 wins from 6.

Bloody good response from a very disappointing game last Saturday.

makes some of the teeth gnashing about the state of the club on here over the past few days look a bit over the top

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Definitely the quickest I've got over a loss to the jacks and to beat them really means everything to me. Can't argue with 5 out of 6 wins.
    Underhill, glad you're over it now 👍

No way are we a top two side this season

But top six ?

Why not

Theres not much in the league.

If we can get to the window in touch with players back from injury and a couple in and out we could get in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Theres not much in the league.

If we can get to the window in touch with players back from injury and a couple in and out we could get in there.
    Need a big January. Need a few players to come off and I'd expect we'd need some clubs to take the rubbish off our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Makes the meltdown on here on Saturday even more ridiculous. We know what we're about, we know what to expect. I fancied us tonight, Birmingham are a crap version of us and it showed. We'd have all snapped your hands off for 5 wins from 6.
    Nobody should complain that we play direct football with this group of players. We were so much better after Mark Harris came on and we switched to 4-4-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Need a big January. Need a few players to come off and I'd expect we'd need some clubs to take the rubbish off our hands.
    Middlesbrough is a good place to go!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

As great as 5 wins in 6 is I think we will have a job on our hands getting top 6 this season.

Even though we beat Watford I don’t think we are anyone near the 3 that come down last season in overall quality.

From what I’ve seen Reading, Swansea and Brentford are on a different level too.

Blackburn are also better this season, as are Stoke.

With our injuries it will be more of an achievement if we manage it this season than last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Underhill, glad you're over it now 👍
    Still the two biggest games of any season for me, but the bigger picture does become clearer as you get older, you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    makes some of the teeth gnashing about the state of the club on here over the past few days look a bit over the top
    It depends on whether you are look solely at the fortunes of the first team or going a bit deeper to take in all of the substandard planning and decision making at the club over a long period - the Swansea game threw a spotlight on so much that we've got wrong down the years (for example managerial appointments, recruitment policy, youth development and a sometimes effective, but ultimately counter productive, playing style).

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It depends on whether you are look solely at the fortunes of the first team or going a bit deeper to take in all of the substandard planning and decision making at the club over a long period - the Swansea game threw a spotlight on so much that we've got wrong down the years (for example managerial appointments, recruitment policy, youth development and a sometimes effective, but ultimately counter productive, playing style).
    Great points and if there's no gnashing of teeth when you embarrassingly lose to your local rivals then football is dead

Three points are always welcome and five wins from six games is not to be sniffed at but it doesn't alter the fact that the club lacks ambition and the quality of our play is at a pretty mediocre level. I definitely feel that we need an injection of football knowledge at board level. At the moment we are just treading water lte's hope we are some way from drowning.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Three points are always welcome and five wins from six games is not to be sniffed at but it doesn't alter the fact that the club lacks ambition and the quality of our play is at a pretty mediocre level. I definitely feel that we need an injection of football knowledge at board level. At the moment we are just treading water lte's hope we are some way from drowning.
    So, still not happy then. I thought that point of view had been thoroughly dealt with but there you go. What would get you to cheer up - 10 wins out of 12, play offs, automatic promotion ? No, I thought not.

Three teams in our division have taken 15 points from the last six games with 5 wins and one defeat each. Norwich, Barnsley.....and Cardiff City. it's not all doom an gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Three teams in our division have taken 15 points from the last six games with 5 wins and one defeat each. Norwich, Barnsley.....and Cardiff City. it's not all doom an gloom.

stating the obvious but we're one of the form teams in the league, you wouldn't think so reading the messageboard recently.. it isn't always pretty to watch though, granted.