+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canelo v Smith

Re: Canelo v Smith

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    In Canada for $150 a year (£90) I get the same boxing coverage you do (they also have Joshua), every PL Game, every NFL game, every 6 nations game, most cricket test matches, the PDC darts, snooker and a bunch of other stuff...

It is literally the best value for money I’ve ever had on anything... I suspect prices will rise but I couldn’t be happier with it
    That is quality.

Just watched the fight.

First far better commentary and summarising than Sky. Nice to listen to a fight without Adam Smith.

Canelo wont have an easier night work.

Smith just looked like all he wanted to do was survive. Only really threw combinations when Canelo was hands up certainly had no intention in trading punches.

I think it was Andrade in about the 5th picked up that Smith wasnt looking to win the fight.

Smith was said to be devastated. I dont know why looks to me he achieved his goal.

I see a few British pros have said that BJS would give Canelo some problems.

If Billy Joe doesn't get a virtually retired Martin Murray out of there then I don't think he has the power to keep Canelo off.

BJS didn’t need to get Murray out of there he took him apart bit by bit for 12 rounds. In fact I think with a couple of rounds to go he took it easy and let Murray go the distance knowing it was the end of his career and Murray is very well liked in Boxing circles.

BJS is an exceptionally talented boxer. Whether he would give Canelo problems is another matter but he wouldnt sit on the ropes like a punchbag and let Canelo load up on him like Smith did last night that’s for sure. He’s got good footwork and had a quick and accurate jab, would be an interesting match up.

Saunders is a much more talented boxer than Smith.

He wont be looking to keep Canelo off with power it will hit and move out of range.

He may create a few problems for Canelo but Canelo will be too much for him in the end

BJS needs to stay in the gym and keep active as well. He was offered the fight in September and wasnt ready. Im not convinced he'll get another chance anyway.

Golivkin 3 is probably more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    BJS didn’t need to get Murray out of there he took him apart bit by bit for 12 rounds. In fact I think with a couple of rounds to go he took it easy and let Murray go the distance knowing it was the end of his career and Murray is very well liked in Boxing circles.

BJS is an exceptionally talented boxer. Whether he would give Canelo problems is another matter but he wouldnt sit on the ropes like a punchbag and let Canelo load up on him like Smith did last night that’s for sure. He’s got good footwork and had a quick and accurate jab, would be an interesting match up.
    In sporting terms BJS has earned a crack at Canelo, but we all know money talks and Triple G will probably get the gig.