+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OJO Watch !!!!!!!!!

Re: OJO Watch !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He wont drop Nelson, and do we have an option for cover for Bennett? Ojo might get hooked though.
    We had 2 left backs on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He's not an out and out Championship player.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...corers/assists

Feedback

Have a look how many passes back (better still, look at the forward passes, NONE)
    Hes a winger.....who should be in front of him to pass to?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Thats really impressive as he allegedly makes no forward passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Thats really impressive as he allegedly makes no forward passes.
    He didn't last night !!!

The lad is spent, he needs to be rested

He didn't last night !!!

The lad is spent, he needs to be rested
    Agree he needs a rest.

Its changed from hes not up to the championship, which hardly anyone agrees with, to he needs a rest, which we all agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Its changed from hes not up to the championship, which hardly anyone agrees with, to he needs a rest, which we all agree with.

I've only just realised that he is 23 years of age, I thought he was younger, about 20.

At 23, he should be up to the rigours of this division, unfortunately he's not. He drifts out of games a lot and is a bit anonymous for periods of play.

At 20, I would have forgiven him, at 23 (going on 24), I can't. He should be an established footballer at that age.

3 goals and 4 assist after 19 games says he is up for it. He’s had good games and poor games, I think you’d already made your mind up and won’t ever change it.

At 23, he should be up to the rigours of this division, unfortunately he's not. He drifts out of games a lot and is a bit anonymous for periods of play.
    This could be said about Harry Wilson.

He,s not an out and out Championship player.
    This is the bit I don't get - how good do you think a player has to be to be an out and out championship player? I think Ojo has some development needed before he's in the premier league category (he's not as good as Wilson and Wilson is only a lower half premier league player at the moment) but he's definitely better than league one.

Should we be looking for something further afield? He's an Eredivisie player but only one of the clubs in the Europa league, an MLS player but one who is only being half-heartedly scouted by the European giants, a Bundesliga player but only known by UK fans who stay up all hours watching football...or Welsh fans when his side is the latest to beat Schalke

What's this all about?

He has done alright I thought, probably one of our better players for me. Apart from when he ran the ball into touch 3 times in as many minutes the other week he looks perfectly good enough at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    This could be said about Harry Wilson.
    I doubt if many of our players would rate well generally from such detailed analysis. When pointing out the back passes, I wonder how many were played with a few opposition players bearing down on them with no one in a blue shirt making themselves available.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    3 goals and 4 assist after 19 games says he is up for it. He’s had good games and poor games, I think you’d already made your mind up and won't ever change it.

Totally, totally wrong.

If he's selected on Saturday and shows some interest in the game, I'll be the first one on here to say "well done".

He's scored goals, he's set up goals, BUT lately, it's all gone over his head (not the ball, in this case)

His attention levels are zero at the moment.

As far as the "stats shite" goes, what a load on nonsense. He could make 10 back passes to team mates and that would show 100% accuracy. What utter nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    What's this all about?

He has done alright I thought, probably one of our better players for me. Apart from when he ran the ball into touch 3 times in as many minutes the other week he looks perfectly good enough at this level.
    Sjoke, trying to run the clock down

I agree, but EVERY time he got the ball, the first option for him was, look for Bennett, or Nelson. No intention at all, to go sideways or forward.

Look, he's a CITY player and I want the lad to do well, but he's just not up to TWO games a week.

Didn't we leave him out, a few weeks ago and he came back and had a stormer and scored a goal. The lad needs a rest.
    He is doing well, he's scored 3 goals and has 4 assist.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    He DID well, he's scored 3 goals and has 4 assist.

I'm talking about now, not a month ago

I agree a few of our players need a rest, but who comes in for them? Benkovic for Nelson and one of Bagan and Cunningham for Bennett but who comes in for the midfielders? If we assume we'd have to pick from last night's squad we'll be starting 18 year old Evans and 19 year old Patten away to the league leaders

I'm talking about now, not a month ago
    Yeah whatever, you've called it early and b0ll0xed it up.

u-turns in this thread are shocking

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Yeah whatever, you've called it early and b0ll0xed it up.

u-turns in this thread are shocking

This reminds me of my 3 year old grand-daughter with her coloring book and crayons

Ojo was useless Wednesday. Fluctuates between poor and very good. On a good day he shows Prem class. On a bad day pub team form. He can be pushed off the ball far too easily.
    We need him to be performing consistently. If we can he will prove a shrewd signing.