+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whilst I hate any 'love-in'/admiration towards the Jacks, have we ever had a right back as good as Connor Roberts?

Re: Whilst I hate any 'love-in'/admiration towards the Jacks, have we ever had a right back as good as Connor Roberts?

Roberts played very well against us last weekend and was probably MoM

However, I watched the first half of the Derby v Jacks last night and he was absolute garbage. Very, very poor defensively and no threat at all going forward

He seems to keep his good games for when he plays us

Re: Whilst I hate any 'love-in'/admiration towards the Jacks, have we ever had a right back as good as Connor Roberts?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wasn't he more of a defensive right half, than a full back. ?
    Started off there but played right back most of the time.
    Peter Rodrigues was the first name that sprang to mind for me although Carver was very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Best crosser of the ball but he got a lot of stick from the people around me on the Bob Bank. What about Phil Dwyer? But the best full back we have ever had was Mark Delaney.
    Carver was OK but as you say he took a helluva lot of stick from some fans on the Bob Bank, where I used to stand. One guy used to barrack him every home game with the same line of abuse, "Carver, you're like a baby carthorse !" He never tired shouting it.

He probably suffered by comparison with the excellent Gary Bell on the other flank. I suppose if you were to asked most City fans who were the two weakest links in that side they would probably say Dave Carver and Ronnie Bird. Still a solid defender though.