+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think we will be back in the stadium this season?

Do you think we will be back in the stadium this season?

I really can't see it myself.
    We will be in lockdown until the end of January, things won't change much in February.
    March may be a bit of an improvement but I doubt the shackles would be released enough to allow a large amount of people.

Hopefully by May we may have some sort of normality dependent on the vaccine take up.

Onwards to 21/22 season

Re: Do you think we will be back in the stadium this season?

Next August?

Possibly but I have my doubts

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Next August?

Possibly but I have my doubts
    We'll have people in the ground by August, how many i don't know, but i'm confident that some fans will be allowed in.

Couple of thousand allowed in May(be)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We'll have people in the ground by August, how many i don't know, but i'm confident that some fans will be allowed in.
    Not if this virus keeps coming and going we won't

Not if this virus keeps coming and going we won't
    It wont if people are vaccinated, that's usually how these things work.

Yes. I think it will be encouraged as well. A few more games like the Swansea one and it'll put fans off from going out ever again!

It wont if people are vaccinated, that's usually how these things work.
    The evidence suggests its going to take a long time for the vaccine to be rolled out and outbreaks of the virus are going to be breaking out regularly

The evidence suggests its going to take a long time for the vaccine to be rolled out and outbreaks of the virus are going to be breaking out regularly
    What evidence is that? Why is it going to take so long to get going?

Late spring/summer should have very many people vaccinated by then. Doesn't mean everything back to normal by then but I would hope small crowds with certain measures in place deffo doable. Can't see why not - very pessimistic about the next two months but after that, and the inevitibale hard lockdown - I can see this being a thing of the past come Autumn - and then let us never speak of it again please.

No we won't sadly .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    No we won't sadly .
    Bastard Tories.

No

What evidence is that? Why is it going to take so long to get going?
    Medical evidence , logistical evidence and the fact that a large chunk of the British population are fecking stupid

We could have a large scale vaccination programme underway and all the time people are partying like its 1999 , spreading the virus all over the place .

Its going to take a long time to vaccinate those on the front line and the vulnerable before we even start with us plebs

And if people continue to piss about then it knocks everything back

We were told we would have to live with the virus until a jab was found to deal with it , but this is just the start of a long road .

Boris the clown was talking about next Christmas being back to normal but surely people can see there is a long long road ahead ?

There are people in some parts of this country who will be going to game this weekend (Norwich for example I believe), so once the virus starts easing to the extent that tier 3 regions can go into tier 2, then I'm sure Johnson will want to let fans back in because he wants to please everyone all of the time - I'd say fans could be back in English grounds quicker than many feel in this thread.
    It's different in Wales because the WAG have tended to be more cautious, but, having thought we could forget it until 20/21 originally, I think we may say a limited number of supporters let into Cardiff City Stadium towards the end of this season.

Up to 2,000 fans can currently attend games in Bristol, which is just 44 miles away. However, the small matter of the Welsh border means it's likely to be a long time before people here can go for a pint, let alone go to a football match.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Up to 2,000 fans can currently attend games in Bristol, which is just 44 miles away. However, the small matter of the Welsh border means it's likely to be a long time before people here can go for a pint, let alone go to a football match.
    Go for a pint in Bristol too can’t you? Some nice pubs there......

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Plus the small matter that the rate of infection is lower in Bristol.

Medical evidence , logistical evidence and the fact that a large chunk of the British population are fecking stupid

We could have a large scale vaccination programme underway and all the time people are partying like its 1999 , spreading the virus all over the place .

Its going to take a long time to vaccinate those on the front line and the vulnerable before we even start with us plebs

And if people continue to piss about then it knocks everything back

We were told we would have to live with the virus until a jab was found to deal with it , but this is just the start of a long road .

Boris the clown was talking about next Christmas being back to normal but surely people can see there is a long long road ahead ?

We don't know how long the vaccine protects people for either. By the time they get to the less vulnerable for vaccination, they may have to start again with the more vulnerable. Things will be better if the various vaccines prevent transmission, but at the moment they are only known to prevent serious symptoms. So, at this stage, it is necessary for even vaccinated people to keep wearing masks, social distance and all the other things.

The time it will take to get all the key workers, vulnerable and elderly people vaccinated will means the first vaccines will have worn off and we’ll have to start over again. It could be a very long time before the healthy younger population get the vaccine. Deaths will drop but COVID will become a younger persons disease, a lot of people will suffer with long COVID over the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    No we won't sadly .
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bastard Tories.

Thought we had a Labour governing body, here in Wales ?

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Plus the small matter that the rate of infection is lower in Bristol.
    Allegedly.

It's a race between better weather and vaccine process with either likely to see outdoor activity return. I would expect at least some of us to be back in the stadium by March/April.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    The time it will take to get all the key workers, vulnerable and elderly people vaccinated will means the first vaccines will have worn off and we’ll have to start over again. It could be a very long time before the healthy younger population get the vaccine. Deaths will drop but COVID will become a younger persons disease, a lot of people will suffer with long COVID over the next few years.
    There is no evidence to say that the vaccines will have worn off by the time all the key workers and vulnerable have been vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Go for a pint in Bristol too can’t you? Some nice pubs there......
    No you can go for a substantial meal and have a pint with it.