+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think we will be back in the stadium this season?

Re: Do you think we will be back in the stadium this season?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Thought we had a Labour governing body, here in Wales ?
    I've just checked and I can confirm that Tories are bastards

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Medical evidence , logistical evidence and the fact that a large chunk of the British population are fecking stupid

We could have a large scale vaccination programme underway and all the time people are partying like its 1999 , spreading the virus all over the place .

Its going to take a long time to vaccinate those on the front line and the vulnerable before we even start with us plebs

And if people continue to piss about then it knocks everything back

We were told we would have to live with the virus until a jab was found to deal with it , but this is just the start of a long road .

Boris the clown was talking about next Christmas being back to normal but surely people can see there is a long long road ahead ?
    The government won't wait until everyone's vaccinated before lifting certain restrictions

On the football, I'd be very surprised if Cardiff have fans in the ground this season, roll on our Premier League winning campaign in 21/22!

i think we'll have SOME fans in by May based on the weather meaning people will be out more but will there be much point by then for this season? i'd imagine there will be a lot of discontent over who is allowed in if we make the playoffs

just a question as it's been on my mind, they're vaccinating the NHS first which makes complete sense, but if nhs staff aren't then symptomatic and carry covid rather than become ill, isn't that going to make the spread worse?

Not until the next election

No

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've just checked and I can confirm that Tories are bastards
    I can confirm that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Allegedly.
    129 cases per 100,000 in Bristol for week ending 13 December
    601 cases per 100,000 in Cardiff for week ending 13 December

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bastard Tories.
    Labour AND Tories in both Wales and England haven’t a clue about what they’re doing re this virus. Firefighting is all that is happening as our politicians lurch from crisis to crisis!

International

I was back in the Stadium the other day

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Thought we had a Labour governing body, here in Wales ?
    That’s got nothing to do with Tories being bastards, they’ve always been bastards and lower than vermin as Nye Bevan truthfully once said.

International

The evidence suggests its going to take a long time for the vaccine to be rolled out and outbreaks of the virus are going to be breaking out regularly
    that's what outbreaks do!

International

the figures tell us the 95%of people dying from this are in the over 85 age range or in care homes.
    Younger sufferers generally have a far milder form of the virus and do not need hospital treatment.

So once the people In that first group are vaccinated it should greatly alleviate the pressure on the NHS.
    That together with the better weather should see restrictions being lifted ever more quickly as the new year progresses.
    (But I'd still feel a lot more confident if the Oxford vaccine was approved sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    129 cases per 100,000 in Bristol for week ending 13 December
    601 cases per 100,000 in Cardiff for week ending 13 December
    Do you have confidence in those figures? They're only estimates, aren't they?

Do you have confidence in those figures? They're only estimates, aren't they?
    Estimates as in "finger in the air" guesses? Or estimates based on actual data?

Hope not....absolute madness letting fans in already. Start of next season may even be too soon

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Labour AND Tories in both Wales and England haven’t a clue about what they’re doing re this virus. Firefighting is all that is happening as our politicians lurch from crisis to crisis!
    We know a hell of a lot more about the virus now but this is still the first winter it's been recognised as existing in the UK and there is the even bigger unknown of how people will continue to act. Remember when we were all in this together? That seems a long time ago now.

Most governments are now pointing towards: masks, distance, hygiene, good ventilation.

Estimates as in "finger in the air" guesses? Or estimates based on actual data?
    Estimates based on a random selection of the population I believe. A mate of mine is involved in the weekly testing regime. Given his experiences, he doesn't have a lot of confidence in the data the surveys are producing and neither do I.

Indeed, a fortnight or so ago the ONS released figures that suggested the infection rate in Wales was dropping on the same day that Drakeford was holding a press conference in which he stated the infection rate in Wales was rising. Both obviously can't have been right, and on that occasion I think it's more likely that the First Minister was correct as opposed to the ONS.

Estimates based on a random selection of the population I believe. A mate of mine is involved in the weekly testing regime. Given his experiences, he doesn't have a lot of confidence in the data the surveys are producing and neither do I.

Indeed, a fortnight or so ago the ONS released figures that suggested the infection rate in Wales was dropping on the same day that Drakeford was holding a press conference in which he stated the infection rate in Wales was rising. Both obviously can't have been right, and on that occasion I think it's more likely that the First Minister was correct as opposed to the ONS.
    One person's experience is the reason you think these figures are wrong? That's Organ Morgan logic that is. There are 10 ITU beds available in the whole of Wales, well, last night there were. Perhaps that is all made up too.

It's not a random selection. It is based on people presenting with symptoms. Roughly 1 in 5 are testing positive in some areas in Wales. Higher than Bristol.

One person's experience is the reason you think these figures are wrong?

It's not a random selection. It is based on people presenting with symptoms. Roughly 1 in 5 are testing positive in some areas in Wales. Higher than Bristol.
    I didn't say the figures are wrong. I said the figures are estimates. Unless the authorities are testing 100,000 people per week in both Cardiff and Bristol, that's all they can ever be. And, as far as I'm aware at least, they are not testing 100,000 per week in both cities.

I'd be interested to know where you got the figures you quoted from as I couldn't find them (although I admit I haven't tried too hard).

Well clearly given recent events not this season

Well clearly given recent events not this season
    No chance

I wonder if they will find a way of allowing a small number of some of our oldest season ticket holders, who've been vaccinated, in for the last couple of games.