+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin - the truth hurts...

Tomlin - the truth hurts...

Just spotted this on the Norwich City/My Football Writer website...

The other option at number ten would have been Lee Tubsy Tomlin, the roly-poly half-ar$e that stumbles around the Championship living off cheeseburgers and one worldly a season. However, he pulled a groin muscle when he walked past Greggs and is out for the next few months.

Apart from that little gem, the article is quite complementary of the Bluebirds team. Here's the link..

https://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...e-on-the-rise/

Re: Tomlin - the truth hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Just spotted this on the Norwich City/My Football Writer website...

The other option at number ten would have been Lee Tubsy Tomlin, the roly-poly half-ar$e that stumbles around the Championship living off cheeseburgers and one worldly a season. However, he pulled a groin muscle when he walked past Greggs and is out for the next few months.

Apart from that little gem, the article is quite complementary of the Bluebirds team. Here's the link..

https://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...e-on-the-rise/
    If Tomlin was athletic and fit he would be playing in the top 6 of the prem.

There was an article in the mail over the post-relegation summer where Tomlin said he was finally feeling right and ready to play. At the time I was cynical but he did work and play well after Harris had come in so much so that I was happy for him to have a new contract.

Sadly, not sure he'll be back to that level again. Maybe he's unlucky, and it was an injury picked up trying to drag us over the line against Fulham in play-offs, but also a signal to young footballers out there that the body more easily breaks down if you neglect it until the last possible moment.

I think he's done at this level. Even when his groin heels it's not like he's got the natural fitness to just pick up where he left off; it's going to take months. He's probably looking at next season when he'll be 32. It's a crying shame he hasn't got to play with Moore and Wilson. 8 goals and 10 assists last season in team with zero creativity was a great return.

When’s his contract up?

Junior Hoilett, who is listed on Wikipedia as only 30, despite having made his debut with Stanley Matthews, is also around

😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    I think he's done at this level. Even when his groin heels it's not like he's got the natural fitness to just pick up where he left off; it's going to take months. He's probably looking at next season when he'll be 32. It's a crying shame he hasn't got to play with Moore and Wilson. 8 goals and 10 assists last season in team with zero creativity was a great return.
    I agree with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    If Tomlin was athletic and fit he would be playing in the top 6 of the prem.
    Biggest thing you said then was 'IF'

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    There was an article in the mail over the post-relegation summer where Tomlin said he was finally feeling right and ready to play. At the time I was cynical but he did work and play well after Harris had come in so much so that I was happy for him to have a new contract.

Sadly, not sure he'll be back to that level again. Maybe he's unlucky, and it was an injury picked up trying to drag us over the line against Fulham in play-offs, but also a signal to young footballers out there that the body more easily breaks down if you neglect it until the last possible moment.
    Its a real shame. He was fantastic post lockdown, him in that form alongside Moore & Wilson would have been fantastic