+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bacuna has to start in the midfield

Bacuna has to start in the midfield

I don’t know how Harris can accommodate him - possibly 3 at the back or playing a youngster, but he’s massively needed in the middle

Re: Bacuna has to start in the midfield

Yes, agreed 100%

Yup

Someone in midfield who can pass is a must in the Jan transfer window for me. Bacuna isn’t the answer to our lack of creativity but I’d certainly have him in the middle instead of Vaulks.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don’t know how Harris can accommodate him - possibly 3 at the back or playing a youngster, but he’s massively needed in the middle
    Harris doesn't know how to set up with 3 at the back, everytime he tries we get thrashed.

Bacuna needs to be in central midfield at a team with the sort of players we have in the middle of the park as we were so lacking in athleticism in that area today - good luck finding someone who can play right back without seriously weakening us in that position in Osei-Tutu's absence if we move Bacuna from there mind.

The last right back we signed up on a full transfer was Lee Pelier in January 2015. Even in the premier league we decided to nudge our best centre half out there and hope for the best. This consistant lack of attention has finally caught up with us and we're left with Bacuna having to fill in.

Jesus, if Bacuna in midfield is the answer, I don't want to know what the question is.

Bacuna has done well at RB since covering for Osei-Tutu. If we can move him there permanently, and he might to frequently exposed by the best RB for us to want to do that/he might reject the idea, we can search for a more quicker version of Pack to play at the base of our midfield this summer and only need to fill in one RB slot rather than two.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Bacuna has done well at RB since covering for Osei-Tutu. If we can move him there permanently, and he might be too frequently exposed by the best midfielders for us to want to do that/he might reject the idea, we can search for a quicker version of Pack to play at the base of our midfield this summer and only need to fill one RB slot rather than two.
    That's a bit better