+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superb , naturally gifted and talismanic

Superb , naturally gifted and talismanic

But thats me

Koumas , witts , tomlin , fowler

If tomlin isn't going to make it back then we need to start looking for a replacement

Every team needs a player like this

Re: Superb , naturally gifted and talismanic

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    But thats me

If tomlin isn't going to make it back then we need to start looking for a replacement

Should have been on the case in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Should have been on the case in the summer.
    I think we were hoping tomlin would be fit

I certainly wasn't

I think we were hoping tomlin would be fit

I certainly wasn't
    Weren't fit or hoping Tomlin wasn't going to be fit?

International

I said his 'new' Tomlin image was bullshit months ago when everyone was saying how he was in a 'better place' and fit, and everybody slagged me off for being negative and not being sensitive to his mental stress prior to then.

I believed then and still believe now that the biggest mental stress he had was making the effort to earn his wages.

they should have released him at least 2 years ago and spent the money on someone who can actually physically play a whole game of football.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I said his 'new' Tomlin image was bullshit months ago when everyone was saying how he was in a 'better place' and fit, and everybody slagged me off for being negative and not being sensitive to his mental stress prior to then.

I believed then and still believe now that the biggest mental stress he had was making the effort to earn his wages.

they should have released him at least 2 years ago and spent the money on someone who can actually physically play a whole game of football.
    Which is a massive shame as he is such a talent when he's on his game.

Lee Tomlin is not "superb". He's a naturally gifted footballer that's too lazy to put the work in to be anything more than a moderately successful Championship player that's played almost half his career below even that level. In a 19 year career, he's been part of two promotion teams. Once from League One with Peterborough and with us after which he was shipped out for another season in League One.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Lee Tomlin is not "superb". He's a naturally gifted footballer that's too lazy to put the work in to be anything more than a moderately successful Championship player that's played almost half his career below even that level. In a 19 year career, he's been part of two promotion teams. Once from League One with Peterborough and with us after which he was shipped out for another season in League One.
    He's enigmatic

Superb player on his day , career ravaged by injury and personal problems

Gazza was the same , tomlin was not in his class but the same type of player

If he gets back on the horse there is still a place for him here in my opinion

He's 31 , not 41

Superb player and worth admission fee alone when fit.

Can pick and deliver a pass from anywhere, a front runner's dream.

As good as anyone off the bench when trying save a game or force a win.

Got us to within a whisker of the play-off final last season virtually single handed.

Wouldn't rule Tomlin out just yet.

Wouldn't rule him out but I am of the opinion he will only offer cameo roles off the bench in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Wouldn't rule him out but I am of the opinion he will only offer cameo roles off the bench in the future.
    In a red posing pouch, you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    In a red posing pouch, you mean?
    word up!

prefer blue though..

The one player I would pay my money to watch in Cardiff colours in recent years.

He is a delight to watch, lets not rewrite history in an effort to put the man down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    The one player I would pay my money to watch in Cardiff colours in recent years.

He is a delight to watch, lets not rewrite history in an effort to put the man down.
    Don't get me wrong, he's got a great football brain and, as you say can be a delight to watch. But it's sporadic. And sometimes non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

Perhaps the only player in our squad who gives the opposition an ‘Oh, f*cking hell, not him’ moment when they see his track suit come off.

But thats me

We've already got one but Harris never plays him there. He's stuck out on the right wing.

StT.
    <><

there seems to be a touch of "wilshere syndrome" about Tomlin these days.
    the more Wilshere spent out injured the better and more influential Arsenal fans thought he was going to be on his return.
    the good performances remain in the memory, while the anonymous ones are more easily forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there seems to be a touch of "wilshere syndrome" about Tomlin these days.
    the more Wilshere spent out injured the better and more influential Arsenal fans thought he was going to be on his return.
    the good performances remain in the memory, while the anonymous ones are more easily forgotten.
    This is Tomlin’s fourth season at Cardiff and very good as he was in 19/20, it’s the only one of the four in which he performed at a level which justifies the sort of thing being said about him in this thread.

He's unavailable far too often but when he's fit he adds a bit of excitement to watching a pretty turgid football team play and for that alone I'll always have a soft spot for him

International

He's enigmatic

Superb player on his day , career ravaged by injury and personal problems

Gazza was the same , tomlin was not in his class but the same type of player

If he gets back on the horse there is still a place for him here in my opinion

He's 31 , not 41
    What are is personal problems sludge? There always seems to be an underlying mental problem with people in your opinion. The time I referred to in my last post everyone was saying 'he's over his problems'. Well if he is what's his excuse now?
    He may be injury prone but when I was a boy playing rugby I was taught that people get injured when they shy off a tackle not when they give it 100% I'm sure that applies to many things.
    He is lazy, doesn't train to keep fit, and has wasted the quite obvious talent he has.
    In the process he has also wasted a serious amount of money the club could have spent on another fit player like him.

What are is personal problems sludge? There always seems to be an underlying mental problem with people in your opinion. The time I referred to in my last post everyone was saying 'he's over his problems'. Well if he is what's his excuse now?
    He may be injury prone but when I was a boy playing rugby I was taught that people get injured when they shy off a tackle not when they give it 100% I'm sure that applies to many things.
    He is lazy, doesn't train to keep fit, and has wasted the quite obvious talent he has.
    In the process he has also wasted a serious amount of money the club could have spent on another fit player like him.
    I'd be OK with him if it wasn't for the last contract the club signed him to. Not his fault though I suppose.

Well I don't know about anybody else but xsnaggle's childhood rugby coach back in the 70's opinion on how injuries happen is good enough for me

He has talked to the press about his battles with depression and alcohol . Thats him talking , not me . I don't know what the feck you are talking about regarding underlying mental problems . Depression which requires treatment doesn't vanish and then we are onto his next excuse 🙄 as you so flippantly say . What utter ignorance .

As for your rugby analogy a total load of crap

Some of footballs greatest players were not physical get stuck in types , hoddle , zola , etc

Load of ill informed nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well I don't know about anybody else but xsnaggle's childhood rugby coach back in the 70's opinion on how injuries happen is good enough for me
    The fella was clearly years ahead of his time , a true sports scientist

The rugby coaches I had were generally fat balding half wits