+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mark Hudson...

Re: Mark Hudson...

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Arsene Wenger's given a lot of credit for modernising British football but it sounds like we were still running things as most clubs were pre-Wenger's arrival. Wenger of course came to Arsenal in 1996 whereas DJ came to Cardiff in 2005 - no wonder we fell short so often. It also helped us find and obtain all these mavericks with high ceilings of talent though and produced some amazing football, at times.

I listened to Anthony Gerrard's one afterwards as well, they have marked the youtube progress bar by subject matter so really easy to focus on CCFC matters, and Malky does not come out well at all. It's amazing to think how relatively successful we've been when we've been so far away from being well run. I wonder how mad things must have been at other clubs or whether you need a bit of "crazy gang" to be near the top of the championship?
    Its always bugged me that we've done very well considering we've had no real plan and have been poorly run for so long, imagine what we could have done with a good plan in place?

Enjoyed that thanks for Posting.

Parky and especially Hudson spoke well.
    MH had a hell of a lot going on in his first year at the club which nobody knew about.
    It's hard to believe, with it not being that long ago, that the club had no real support for him and his wife after his sister-in-law's death.

Having said that, the way the pre-season tours were handled, perhaps its not that hard.
    Explains the strange phenomenon why things regularly went pear shaped in November. They were all fecked!

As has been said, we were light years away from being run the way we needed to be to succeed, an absolute travesty with all the talent we had
    Perhaps a few DJ worshippers might feel a little bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Personal gain for some. No names mentioned but we know who they are.

The biggest red supporter of the lot doesn’t even watch Cardiff anymore apparently. Perhaps he’s boycotting until we go back to red.
    Incredible anyone can stop like that....I don’t go much but I’ll never stop supporting the club whatever league they are in

According to Wikipedia, ratio wise, their records for us are quite similar. Hudson 144 appearances with 11 goals and Morrison 288 with 28 goals. So Morrison just shades it on goals scored but although very handy, goal scoring isn’t their main priority perhaps.