+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: THE U23'S ??

THE U23'S ??

Sitting in work earlier listening to a relative of an academy player in the canteen moaning about a certain poster on the other forum who is forever (blue) having a go at the academy teams and that he never has a good word to say.
    When i got home i noticed they had won so had a quick look over there and yes the poster wasn't very positive'
    Which had me thinking what are the ages of our players at u23 level are we fielding a young team compared to others?

Re: THE U23'S ??

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Sitting in work earlier listening to a relative of an academy player in the canteen moaning about a certain poster on the other forum who is forever (blue) having a go at the academy teams and that he never has a good word to say.
    When i got home i noticed they had won so had a quick look over there and yes the poster wasn't very positive'
    Which had me thinking what are the ages of our players at u23 level are we fielding a young team compared to others?
    Dont know about normally but seems we had a few 1st team squad players today.

Re: THE U23'S ??

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Dont know about normally but seems we had a few 1st team squad players today.
    There seems to have been a move towards fielding younger sides with the Under 23s this season - at times, it's been akin to an Under 20 team, so that probably explains to some extent why results have been poor. The side yesterday was more like what we used to see under Malky, Ole, Slade and Warnock with the full compliment of over age players involved.