+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Son Heung-min

Son Heung-min

Just saw his interview on Sky sports.
    Comes across as a really decent guy, and has to be in the top 3 players in the Premier league.

Re: Son Heung-min

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Just saw his interview on Sky sports.
    Comes across as a really decent guy, and has to be in the top 3 players in the Premier league.
    I saw an interview with him the other day where he named Ben Davies, Gareth Bale and Joe Rodon as his closest mates at Spurs. For that alone he's alright by me. Also Joe Rodon must have a magnetic personality, he's only been there ten mins

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I saw an interview with him the other day where he named Ben Davies, Gareth Bale and Joe Rodon as his closest mates at Spurs. For that alone he's alright by me. Also Joe Rodon must have a magnetic personality, he's only been there ten mins
    There's an article in the athletic where he says he does everything with Kane now, even driving to games together.

Hope they hadn't had a tiff that day of the interview.

One of the most under rated players in world football ,let alone the Premier League. Wonderful footballer, very skilful, who would grace any team.

Has come on leaps and bounds over last few years.
    I certainly can't think of a better Asian footballer in the last 25 years, if there is a better one after that I'd be surprised.

He's a fantastic player. A lovely footballer to watch. Would grace any top 6 side. I can't imagine that there's ever been a better player to come out of Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He's a fantastic player. A lovely footballer to watch. Would grace any top 6 side. I can't imagine that there's ever been a better player to come out of Asia.
    Kagawa for a few years?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Kagawa for a few years?
    Possibly. I didn't see him play for Dortmund that often. He didn't do much at Man U.

There was a great bit in the All or Nothing Tottenham Hotspur series on Amazon Prime with Jose Mourinho and Son where Jose, in his wisdom, played full contact 11 v 11 in training.

Dier put a meaty challenge in and nearly gave Son a nasty injury. Mourinho walked in while he was getting treatment and checked if it was a break. When it was confirmed it wasn't Mourinho joked that Son should take a photo and put it on social media with the caption 'This happened in training'.

Mourinho's methods are sometimes questionable but it is showing promise again. Son comes across a decent bloke. Noticed that he was taken to the gates of Spurs ground to sign autographs and speak to the Korean fans who had gathered there.

Different types of players but Park Ji Sung has 4 titles and a Champions league at United. 2 titles at PSV. Someone Sir Alex often trusted in big, important games. Son needs to start winning trophies and do it in big games or finals to be considered the best player to come out of Asia surely.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Different types of players but Park Ji Sung has 4 titles and a Champions league at United. 2 titles at PSV. Someone Sir Alex often trusted in big, important games. Son needs to start winning trophies and do it in big games or finals to be considered the best player to come out of Asia surely.
    Players don't win titles. Teams do. I don't think any player is doing himself a disservice or lacking in ambition by playing for Spurs. Park was a great player but not integral to Man U winning. He was never more than a bit-part player there. Yes, Park has a Champions' League winners' medal, but he hasn't played in Champions' League final like Song has.

I suppose in the end, as you say, it comes down to winning trophies, yet one of the most talented players i’ve seen in the British game, won the middle of a doughnut. Matt Le Tissier

Players don't win titles. Teams do. I don't think any player is doing himself a disservice or lacking in ambition by playing for Spurs. Park was a great player but not integral to Man U winning. He was never more than a bit-part player there. Yes, Park has a Champions' League winners' medal, but he hasn't played in Champions' League final like Song has.
    Park played in 2 Champions League finals

Park played in 2 Champions League finals
    Ferguson played Park in the big games as he was so good at disrupting the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Ferguson played Park in the big games as he was so good at disrupting the opposition.
    it's almost like NYCBlue barely knows anything about Ji Sung Park, unlike you and me. What a loser.

it's almost like NYCBlue barely knows anything about Ji Sung Park, unlike you and me. What a loser.
    I'll admit, I'm not much of a Man U fan. I still think Son is a better and more influential player.

I'll admit, I'm not much of a Man U fan. I still think Son is a better and more influential player.
    Yeah me too, I just saw a rare opportunity to be right about something to be honest

He also played Danny welbeck in big games. I think some players do good things for a team but If both players were available at the same time there's no doubt who would be snapped up first. Park was a good player but was a squad player would play 25-30 games a season. He was trusted to work hard against better teams.

Min players every game because he is influential in every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    He also played Danny welbeck in big games. I think some players do good things for a team but If both players were available at the same time there's no doubt who would be snapped up first. Park was a good player but was a squad player would play 25-30 games a season. He was trusted to work hard against better teams.

Min players every game because he is influential in every aspect.
    Son would have been nothing more than a squad player for United in the era Park was there.

'Interestingly', Man Utd played in three Champions League finals in Park's time. They won one (2008) when he wasn't in the squad, but lost the two finals that he played in (2009 and 2011).