+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taxi for Harris......

Re: Taxi for Harris......

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    I have changed my mind re my comments yesterday on a different thread about Harris when mooting that his time is up. Having viewed his post match comments this morning, I think he was absolutely correct in that he was let down by his players 3 times in a 25 minute period in the second half and that he cannot personally prevent needless errors; goalkeeping mistakes, Bacuna getting skinned twice when he should be playing in midfield, etc. Also, he alluded to the fact that none of Moore, Tomlin and Jordi are near to a return to the first team. For yesterday’s loss, I don’t feel Harris can be blamed. Nor is he at fault for City having such a small squad versus many of our rivals. (He should of course have signed right back cover).

Harris was reasonable in his statement that we cannot achieve automatic promotion, but that a play off place still beckons. But if I was a journalist questioning him, I would have asked why he didn’t put Bacuna back in midfield weeks back and tried Benkovic, Nelson or someone else at right back and if necessary, changed his centre half pairing which isn’t perfect. Nobody has the guts to ask Neil this question.

To summarise, we should retain Harris for the rest of the season with the aim of achieving a play off place following a sensible January transfer window to strengthen our side. The club has stated a top six finish is their expectation - we fans have to support Harris, Tan, Dalman, Chu etc in their efforts to accomplish this. Right now today, this is still achievable. We can consider a managerial change (if appropriate) at the end of this season.
    This is very sensible and the correct way to approach things.

Re: Taxi for Harris.....

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Wagner with Mark Hudson as #2, the podcast convinced me.
    He can bring Rabbi Matondo too.

Re: Taxi for Harris......

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Dalman said Harris had to have us top 6 in January, which he won’t as the new year comes in (granted he never said start, middle or end of January).

I hope the club are decisive and make a quick decision, as surely they can see Harris is not good enough to take us to the next level.

This is our third defeat in four games, and the football is poor. I can’t see any evolving of our style. It’s mainly long balls, and hoping to pinch a goal from a throw in or a set piece.

Look at our record against the divisions top 5.

Played 5, Won 0, Drawn 1, Lost 4.

He has arguably one of the best players in the division in Wilson, who looks anonymous in this side. He can’t bring the best out of him.

Swansea have a far poorer side than us on paper, but look at what Cooper’s achieving there with good coaching, and next to no transfer budget.

I’d be happy with Bilic, Pearson, Hughes or Pearson.

But please, not a budget appointment like Flynn from Newport.

This squad needs someone who can hit the ground running, and command the respect of the changing room.

Also, whilst many want to see young players come through from the academy, Mark Harris is nowhere near good enough for this level.

He’s not talented enough to be a 10, he’s not clinical enough to be a striker, and he’s not a winger. So what is he? To me, he’s just a limited player who runs around a lot. Pretty similar to Gavin Whyte.

As a positive, I thought Josh Murphy showed flashes of what he can offer, when he came on.

One excellent break up the middle as he went by players, and a great cross he put in from out wide. If a manager can put an arm around him and rebuild his confidence, he’d be like a new signing who can be a game changer at this level.

Neil Harris should be sacked, just for picking Mark Harris.

As I stated in my original post (above) on the weekend, he’s not good enough for this level.

Murphy was one of the few positives on the weekend, in patches.

For Neil Harris to pick Mark Harris ahead of him, shows how completely clueless and out of his depth he is.

Murphy needs someone to rebuild his confidence and say they believe in him, and give him a solid run of 4-6 games, either as a 10 or a winger, to show what he can do.

The odd cameo here and there, isn’t bringing the best out of a talented player.

Hopefully after tonight, this is the end of the road for the Poundland Warnock. Around 10 games too late, in my opinion.

Fingers crossed the board bring in a manager who can command the respect of the players, and the supporters can believe in.

Though I have no faith in them doing so, I hope I can be pleasantly surprised!