Average points when conceding first 0.75 / 0.58
    Scored in first half 0.57 / 0.52
    Scored in second half 0.93 / 0.81
    Conceded in first half 0.70 / 0.62
    Conceded in second half 0.47 / 0.48
    Average points vs top 6* 1.33 / 0.67
    Average points vs mid table 1.85 / 1.91
    Average points vs bottom 6 2.00 / 1.00

*As we finished in the top 6 last season, results against 7th placed Forest included

It probably wouldn't be rocket science to discover that we've not enjoyed as good a season this time around, so far, than we did a year ago after Warnock was moved on.

We haven't won as many games as we did last season. Much of that can be attributed to scoring the first goal less often this season than we did last. The old nutshell of starting games slowly this season has been a bigger problem than last year and so it shows in the stats. We've conceded the first goal much more often. I consider us quite a resiliant team when going behind, but we've done less well from behind this season than we did last season under Harris.

I think it's curious that, despite the money we've spent on Moore and brought in Ojo and Wilson, our scoring rate is lower than last season and our failed to score percentage is higher. Whoscored doesn't provide last season's stats on how goals were scored, but I have a strong hunch that our creativity from open play is worse than last season.

While many, including myself, have derided our defence at times this season, it is performing as well as last season, in some ways better.

It's been obvious that we've not lived with the best sides in the division. Last season we beat both automatically promoted sides at home and didn't lose at home to any of the other sides in the playoffs. This season we've managed a home draw and 2 defeats to sides in the top 6 and a win and a defeat away. It's also noticeable that our points tally against sides in the bottom 6 is down this season. With Rotherham and Wycombe still to play, we can only hope that improves.

On the other hand, our passing accuracy and possession percentage are up from last season. We're still in the lower eschalongs with regard to this, but at least there's an improvement. All of our midfielders are making more passes and more accurate passes this season. Oddly, Morrison and Nelson's pass accuracy rate has gone down this season.

Re: Our progression this season

Keeping our progression going.....

I'm afraid I haven't read whole post, but my reaction to the thread title is "what progress?"

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I'm afraid I haven't read whole post, but my reaction to the thread title is "what progress?"
    Excellent summary. We saw it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Excellent summary. We saw it tonight.
    Our playing style in open play is possibly the worst in the division