+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should Tan Keep His Promise ?

Should Tan Keep His Promise ?

In February 2016, in a press conference, VT announced that he was going to convert all the monies owed to him to equity in 5 years. In fairness, he has gone quite a way towards this objective by both equity conversion and debt write offs. However, this does not mean that we would be debt free as I think he has also replaced debt owed to him by debt owed to other parties. I do not know what the latest balance sheet position is regarding our indebtedness (no doubt Keith Morgan can advise) but the 5th anniversary of that promise will be with us in February 2021. We are fortunate in that our final parachute payment will help significantly in getting us through this disastrous season. The vast majority of clubs do not have this cushion. The question is, in the current circumstances, should we expect him to keep his promise and complete the debt conversion ?

Re: Should Tan Keep His Promise ?

You’re posting on the wrong board, Should put this on the dark side.

We’re in a Pandemic for Christ’s sake what do you expect from Tan? No fans very little income if any, bloody hell some of the posts recently beggar belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

We’re in a Pandemic for Christ’s sake what do you expect from Tan? No fans very little income if any, bloody hell some of the posts recently beggar belief.
    Precisely.

In fairness, my reading of the OP was that he was simply asking a legitmate question. Telling him to post it elsewhere and that its a ludricuous suggestion is a tad harsh dont you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

Thanks for expanding on the points I made in my original post where I recognise the current difficult circumstances. My post consists of background to an event that some may have forgotten but is, nonetheless, important. I express no opinion as to what I think should happen and then ask a simple question as a basis for possible debate. Perhaps your response to my post is more in keeping with the style of the “dark side” than my simple question?

I wouldn’t begrudge Tan an extra year or two considering.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    I wouldn’t begrudge Tan an extra year or two considering.
    I'd appreciate some kind of statement of clarification though.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd appreciate some kind of statement of clarification though.
    Careful, these type of views "beggar belief" with some posters