Colts
I’ve been following American football for a few years no, and the other day Someone asked me “why do support the Indianapolis colts?”
My response was they are the Cardiff city of American football.

A fairly average team that generally never does that well, not one of the “glory hunters” sides and they play in blue.

A few years back after a particularly bad season they got the “first pick” of the new guys - they selected Andrew Luck, a quarterback destined to be the next best thing, after one or two decent seasons he got injured and then retired at the age of 29.

This year, with two games to go, they only needed to win one more to make the playoffs - last night just before half time they were 21-7 up, gave away the equivalent of an own goal and then managed to concede 21 points in the second half whilst only scoring 3 to lose the game.
It’s like Preston all
Over again!

The playoff situation is now going into the last game - 4 teams on equal points but only 3 places, the colts are 4th placed out of the 4.

They play probably the worst side in the league, they need to win whilst one of the other 3 slip up.

I’m guessing that one of the other teams will slip, but in true CCFC fashion the colts will also lose and be condemned to mid table finish.

Very Cardiff Cityesque.
I’ll update you all next week!