+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Fugitive

The Fugitive

It was one of the answers on The Chase earlier and it got thinking about the night of the final episode in the UK. We were home that night and after a bit of research I’ve come to the conclusion that it was a Wednesday night game, August 30th, 1967, a 4-2 win against Crystal Palace. Any other oldies who were also there that night remember the tannoy announcement after the final whistle? “They’ve caught the one armed man”, followed by a roar from the leaving crowd as loud as greeted any of the goals earlier. I’d love it if anyone else on here can remember it as well.

Re: The Fugitive

Back when there were only (barely) three channels. Does anyone remember having a TV that couldn't tune into BBC2?

Do people still use terms like "turn over" or "what's on the other side" when referring to TV?

Re: The Fugitive

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Back when there were only (barely) three channels. Does anyone remember having a TV that couldn't tune into BBC2?

Do people still use terms like "turn over" or "what's on the other side" when referring to TV?
    Born late 80s and I've used turn over quite a bit, still do now I think.

Bit of an illusion of choice sky, virgin etc I find, even with a basic package you get all those channels and I probably watch 5 or 6 at most but mostly use my firestick or Netflix.