+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Away games midweek free?

Away games midweek free?

City fan on Twitter saying midweek away games are free for season ticket holders. I’ve been paying, is this true?

Re: Away games midweek free?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    City fan on Twitter saying midweek away games are free for season ticket holders. I’ve been paying, is this true?
    I'd heard something similar for matches that are not on the red button, but it seems not;-

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...e-vs-city-live

Home games are free to season ticket holders. Away games are available for a fee of £10 per match.
    Away games that are scheduled to feature on Sky are not shown by the club. You either watch them on Sky or find a live stream somewhere - there are plenty out there.
    To be honest, although the cost does add up (you could be watching 2 or 3 away games per month, and 23 in total), it seems a bargain to me. I'd like to think they'd carry on doing it, even after Covid. I miss travelling to away games, but I can't get to more than half a dozen at the best of times. Being able to watch them all is great, even if the results aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Home games are free to season ticket holders. Away games are available for a fee of £10 per match.
    Away games that are scheduled to feature on Sky are not shown by the club. You either watch them on Sky or find a live stream somewhere - there are plenty out there.
    To be honest, although the cost does add up (you could be watching 2 or 3 away games per month, and 23 in total), it seems a bargain to me. I'd like to think they'd carry on doing it, even after Covid. I miss travelling to away games, but I can't get to more than half a dozen at the best of times. Being able to watch them all is great, even if the results aren't.
    Have paid for all away games so far which haven’t been shown on Sky. Someone on Twitter is telling porkies.

Yep I've seen more away games than ever this season. Dont begrudge £10 really, but I'm not currently a season ticket holder.

Probably means free on sky as every midweek game is on sky sports, including tonight

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Probably means free on sky as every midweek game is on sky sports, including tonight
    Which Sky channel is it on? I can only see Brum v Derby and Stoke v Forest listed here https://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-guide Or do you mean on the red button? It says on the City TV website that tonight's game isn't on the red button.

When did home games become free for season ticket holders? I thought that if you didn't buy the voucher at the start of the season you still had to pay £10 per game?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    When did home games become free for season ticket holders? I thought that if you didn't buy the voucher at the start of the season you still had to pay £10 per game?
    If you didn't elect for a season ticket refund and registered for the TV stream you can watch all the non-televised home games from the start of the season for no additional charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    If you didn't elect for a season ticket refund and registered for the TV stream you can watch all the non-televised home games from the start of the season for no additional charge.
    At the end of season will get credit for (the price of your season ticket)_- (£10.* the number of games fans aren't allowed in to) So you aren't really getting the stream for free, it is costing you £10 but you are paying the £10 from the money owed to you because you can't attend games.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    At the end of season will get credit for (the price of your season ticket)_- (£10.* the number of games fans aren't allowed in to) So you aren't really getting the stream for free, it is costing you £10 but you are paying the £10 from the money owed to you because you can't attend games.
    This is what I thought but I've seen so many people saying they're watching it for free I've started to doubt myself. It's a bit like saying I get my gas and electric for free because I've set up a direct debit for them. I've a feeling the club were pulling the wool over people's eyes somewhat at the start of the season. There was a big thing about 'get the voucher by October 4th' as if it was an early bird special offer but it was just committing people to pay £10 for every home game whether it was on Sky or not.

Regret signing up for the matches to be honest, should have left it and then I'm sure you get the full amount back as credit. At the time I thought I'd have been into the ground by now though.

So many are on sky anyway and I've easily found streams when they aren't and we are away.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Regret signing up for the matches to be honest, should have left it and then I'm sure you get the full amount back as credit. At the time I thought I'd have been into the ground by now though.

So many are on sky anyway and I've easily found streams when they aren't and we are away.
    Do you feel the club tricked you into it a bit?

Do you feel the club tricked you into it a bit?
    I dunno. I guess the info was there in the small print. I didn't fully understand that you could get a full refund if you didn't opt into the streams until a week or so after doing so. It's probably on me to find out but I do think the whole process wasn't the most obvious, whether that was deliberate by the club or just how they do things (based on previous experience) I don't know.

Talking to the girl in work last week though and it was the first she had heard of it, she was under the impression when she watched the game on sky she wasn't being "charged" the tenner.

Definitely could have been made clearer.

I dunno. I guess the info was there in the small print. I didn't fully understand that you could get a full refund if you didn't opt into the streams until a week or so after doing so. It's probably on me to find out but I do think the whole process wasn't the most obvious, whether that was deliberate by the club or just how they do things (based on previous experience) I don't know.

Talking to the girl in work last week though and it was the first she had heard of it, she was under the impression when she watched the game on sky she wasn't being "charged" the tenner.

I think so, yes. If people are having £230 taken off them while claiming they're getting it for free then something's been lost in translation.

The tenner is to watch it on City TV, if she is watching the games on Sky then that is nothing to do with the club or her season ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Have paid for all away games so far which haven’t been shown on Sky. Someone on Twitter is telling porkies.
    Bloody Russian hackers

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    The tenner is to watch it on City TV, if she is watching the games on Sky then that is nothing to do with the club or her season ticket.
    I guess she thought that £10 was only being taken off her when she used the voucher code to watch a game but that's not the case, it's being taken off her for every game as I understand it.

I think so, yes. If people are having £230 taken off them while claiming they're getting it for free then something's been lost in translation.
    links below show correct information
    Last edited by Michael Morris; 29-12-20 at 17:32. Reason: Incorrect information

You sure, that will definitely include me and my two sons if it's true. You had to opt in to get the voucher, surely? If I had a voucher then the club would've had to e mail me details, my boys too.

Seems clear enough to me here. What am I missing?

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ouchers-credit

You sure, that will definitely include me and my two sons if it's true. You had to opt in to get the voucher, surely? If I had a voucher then the club would've had to e mail me details, my boys too.
    This is how i see it. I opted for the code, but we did not opt in for my daughter. I am sure she will get the full refund. In hindsight it would have been better opting out, and buying it pr game on the day, if the game was not available on Sky etc. To be honest i am happy to have paid for the 23 games, as long as my daughter gets the full refund.
    Spedger.

Seems clear enough to me here. What am I missing?

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ouchers-credit

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    This is how i see it. I opted for the code, but we did not opt in for my daughter. I am sure she will get the full refund. In hindsight it would have been better opting out, and buying it pr game on the day, if the game was not available on Sky etc. To be honest i am happy to have paid for the 23 games, as long as my daughter gets the full refund.
    Spedger.
    That link seems to make it clear that you needed to opt in to get the voucher rather than opt out so as not to get it, as Mike is claiming. Bit of a scandal brewing if Mike is right.

That link seems to make it clear that you needed to opt in to get the voucher rather than opt out so as not to get it, as Mike is claiming. Bit of a scandal brewing if Mike is right.
    I am going with the link version. I just checked mu ticketing account against my daughters and sisters and only my account is howing streaming voucher option. It doesn't happen often, but i think Mike is wrong with this one.
    Spedger