+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2021 PDC World Darts Thread

Re: 2021 PDC World Darts Thread

Oh God.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Great to see a bit of passion
    Mardle and Part were almost describing it as intimidatory. Whether intentional or not, it has that effect. Don't see it in tennis, snooker etc. No need for it in darts.

Price wins!!!

Superb. He showed balls to win that tenth set. In the end 7-3 is a very convincing win.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Mardle and Part were almost describing it as intimidatory. Whether intentional or not, it has that effect. Don't see it in tennis, etc. No need for it in darts.
    Tennis not a good example, it's one of the worst sports for shouting after a point.

Anyway feck it,

big wobble from price but job done, congratulations Anderson comes across asa bad loser, no acknowledgement of Price either at the end or in the post match interview, bad form dear boy

Mardle and Part were almost describing it as intimidatory. Whether intentional or not, it has that effect. Don't see it in tennis, snooker etc. No need for it in darts.
    Mardle likes the sound of his own voice.
    Didn't Peter Ebdon complain about Mark Williams and a few others celebrating winning frames.
    As long as they're not in each others face, I quite like it.

Sorry Eric but I have to disagree, they all do it in their own way. van Gerwen does it, Adrian Lewis does it, Phil Taylor did it and was the worst IMO.

Anderson didn't say a good word about Price it was all about how rubbish he was.

A new winner, he should at least have mentioned his name, didn't have to be how he was blown away for 80% of that match.

Piss poor performance all round from Anderson, Sky too.

Anderson piss poor loser and Sky called him gracious in defeat twice

🤣🤣🤣
    Give yourself a mop up.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Sorry Eric but I have to disagree, they all do it in their own way. van Gerwen does it, Adrian Lewis does it, Phil Taylor did it and was the worst IMO.

Anderson didn't say a good word about Price it was all about how rubbish he was.

A new winner, he should at least have mentioned his name, didn't have to be how he was blown away for 80% of that match.

Piss poor performance all round from Anderson, Sky too.
    Anderson's an awful loser, whinges constantly

You're absolutely right, Van Gerwen does it and not a word, but Price is constantly criticised

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Anderson's an awful loser, whinges constantly

You're absolutely right, Van Gerwen does it and not a word, but Price is constantly criticised
    MVG is the worst of the lot. Cant stand his double punching and BOOM every time he hits a double. It's got worse since his form and consistency has dropped.

Do you not remember the late Jocky Wilson, Eric Bristow, Alan Evans to name but three? Darts was a damn sight worse back in the good old days.
    Didn't Evans stick the head on Bristow at one event?

Another thing Sky have kept on about was how Price could become the first Welshman to be darts World Champion. Leighton Rees won it decades ago!

Exactly the same with the way Sky report on the football.
    It's like football never happened until the Sky and Premiership launch.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Do you not remember the late Jocky Wilson, Eric Bristow, Alan Evans to name but three? Darts was a damn sight worse back in the good old days.
    Didn't Evans stick the head on Bristow at one event?

Another thing Sky have kept on about was how Price could become the first Welshman to be darts World Champion. Leighton Rees won it decades ago!

Exactly the same with the way Sky report on the football.
    It's like football never happened until the Sky and Premiership launch.
    Spot on.Typical sky BS ignoring that darts used to have one World title and to win that meant you were World Champion. Highly disrespectful towards the late Leighton Rees, Eric Bristow and others like John Lowe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    MVG is the worst of the lot. Cant stand his double punching and BOOM every time he hits a double. It's got worse since his form and consistency has dropped.
    Mervyn King called it. https://twitter.com/i/status/1333174418110025732

First time on years I've watched darts. I nfairness it was exciting but I thought Price was a bit of a wanker the way he was acting.
    Not sure it's good for the image of a sport that wants to be taken seriously and not solely something overweight, middle aged, drunken men play.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    First time on years I've watched darts. I nfairness it was exciting but I thought Price was a bit of a wanker the way he was acting.
    Not sure it's good for the image of a sport that wants to be taken seriously and not solely something overweight, middle aged, drunken men play.
    If they want to escape that image then a young, passionate, in shape bloke winning is surely a good thing? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Why? do players not celebrate in any other sports then?

Mervyn King ffs

Miserable twat

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    If they want to escape that image then a young, passionate, in shape bloke winning is surely a good thing? ��
    They have already escaped it I think. Lots of good young players coming through.

To be fair to Anderson hes miserable and whinges when he wins as well.

His interview was correct he played crap. He was gifted a chance to go 6-4 and blew it.

Happy for the guy, some journey from rugby to pdc q school in 2014 to now win the world title.

I quite like the celebrating as well to be honest, darts has never struck me as the pretentious type. The sport is full of people that have come from quite modest backgrounds and its often played in front of people who are having a good time getting on the drink.

Characters, good guy, bad guy, helps make it interesting, particularly at the moment when there is no atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    To be fair to Anderson hes miserable and whinges when he wins as well.

His interview was correct he played crap. He was gifted a chance to go 6-4 and blew it.
    Yeah he really seems to be turning into a grumpy old man recently. Needs a reality check. Moaning about having the wrong table, get over yourself