+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should Harris be the man who rebuilds the squad?

Re: Should Harris be the man who rebuilds the squad?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Midfield is where the main problem lies in terms of footballing philosophy and we are stuck with them until 2022 and 2023
    There lies the problem though.

You expect a manager who has played route one football all of his managerial career to suddenly start taking our football in another direction.

What suggests to you he is in any way thinking of taking our football in another direction?

Midfield is where the main problem lies in terms of footballing philosophy and we are stuck with them until 2022 and 2023
    Loan market could be the only option. Vaulks is a poor footballer by a distance.

I think people will take Vaulks and Pack on loan. We've got to use our loans better and use COVID to take advantage of clubs that are in worse positions than we are. It's callous but that's the way it is.

Ok I’ll pick Daniel Farke. Can we afford him? No. Will he leave Norwich? No.
    I probably wouldn't pick him then silly.

I'd go for one we can afford.

Don't tell me though, just because it suits your argument we can't afford any of them. Suppose Harris is doing well in 15th too. You're wearing out the pitch you move the goal posts so much.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

You expect a manager who has played route one football all of his managerial career to suddenly start taking our football in another direction.

What suggests to you he is in any way thinking of taking our football in another direction?
    There's a reason Will Vaulks doesn't get a sniff at the Wales team, and he's starting for us. We can't play football.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We don't have the players, although i do think that they could improve under the right guidance. What's happening at the moment is that the basics have gone out the window, the bread and butter stuff that seemed like a given under Harris. That's a concern because those qualities are what Harris is about in my opinion.
    We could get rid of Harris and his team, cost ourselves a couple of million I’m pay offs, have a new manager bounce but then back to square one.

I’m not adverse to Harris being sacked I just dont think it solves the issues. They will still be there and will continue to be there for a couple of years until we get Warnocks big earners off the wage bill.

I probably wouldn't pick him then silly.

I'd go for one we can afford.
    Like who? Come on. Answer the question

Like who? Come on. Answer the question
    Gareth Ainsworth for one.

He showed last night that he can tactically out think Harris and can get an inferior squad to outplay a team that Harris picks. Or are you disagreeing with that one too?

He is a safe pair of hands until we can change the squad. We won’t go down under Harris.

We could employ a foreign manager with a different philosophy who doesn’t understand just how limited our key footballers are and end up relegated.

We could get rid of Harris and his team, cost ourselves a couple of million I’m pay offs, have a new manager bounce but then back to square one.

I’m not adverse to Harris being sacked I just dont think it solves the issues. They will still be there and will continue to be there for a couple of years until we get Warnocks big earners off the wage bill.
    I kind of agree with you. Whoever comes in is going to have to have an eye for a bargain or loan player. Gremlin down the road has done well on that score, although he's brought players in that can fit into a style of play, we struggle with that as young prospects aren't versed in our style.

You've now said above you wouldn't be adverse to him being sacked.

I think you've just about filled every base on the Harris managerial support spectrum there. That is quite some feat ranging from he is the man to get us success all the way down to sack him.

Dear oh dear

He showed last night that he can tactically out think Harris and can get an inferior squad to outplay a team that Harris picks. Or are you disagreeing with that one too?
    It’s a one off game ffs. By that logic Harris has proven he’s a top 6 manager as he already achieved play offs with us.

Harris drew and beat Leeds last season. Does that make him a better manager than Bielsa?

What a ridiculous argument

You've now said above you wouldn't be adverse to him being sacked.

I think you've just about filled every base on the Harris managerial support spectrum there. That is quite some feat ranging from he is the man to get us success all the way down to sack him.

Dear oh dear
    Please find where I said he was the man to bring success? Making things up now cos you’re losing the argument

Please find where I said he was the man to bring success? Making things up now cos you’re losing the argument
    Losing the argument? lol. Yeah, Harris is tearing it up.

You're pro Harris. I know who I think is right and who is wrong on here. You just cover all the bases so when he does fail you can backtrack and say 'oh I did say I wasn't adverse to him being sacked'. More confused than Scooby Doo.

You call out every man and his dog when City win.

You are now not adverse to him being sacked. You thought about going into politics?

You do realise that you might flip flop between opinions about Harris on here but if he fails then you've ultimately lost the argument yeah?

You call out every man and his dog when City win.

You are now not adverse to him being sacked. You thought about going into politics?

You do realise that you might flip flop between opinions about Harris on here but if he fails then you've ultimately lost the argument yeah?
    Lost what argument? You already lost it. You said he wouldn’t get play offs. He did. The end.

A man so pathetic he wanted his season ticket money refunded because we employed a manager he didn’t like now wants Gareth Ainsworth as the next manager. A man who got promotion playing hoofball to a weight lifter. You couldn’t make it up.

Lost what argument? You already lost it. You said he wouldn’t get play offs. He did. The end.
    What? lol

It's like that scene from the quiz episode of The Office.
    "No, that's the real quiz"

Throw as many kettles over a pub as you like JR. You've had a mare. Make up your own rules if you think it saves some face.

So you think he is the man to lead us forward/needs plenty of transfer windows/doesn't have money/you wouldn't be adverse to him being sacked. Delete as appropriate.

Some people

You have actually come full circle and would not be adverse to Harris being sacked.

Neither would I.

A man so pathetic he wanted his season ticket money refunded because we employed a manager he didn’t like now wants Gareth Ainsworth as the next manager. A man who got promotion playing hoofball to a weight lifter. You couldn’t make it up.
    I named one manager who I believe has more talent than Harris. There are plenty more.

What do you care? You wouldn't mind if he was sacked. You are with us finally.

Also, not sure who the person who tried to get a refund on season tickets was but it certainly wasn't me. You never let facts spoil a good story though usually.

I named one manager who I believe has more talent than Harris. There are plenty more.

What do you care? You wouldn't mind if he was sacked. You are with us finally.
    By this logic Harris has more talent than Bielsa

By this logic Harris has more talent than Bielsa
    You said it was based on one game.

That one game he out thought Harris. I also think he and many others are better managers than Harris while working with weaker squads.

What do you care anyway, you wouldn't be against Harris being sacked? A lot of your argument, maybe all, lost credibility. You are running with the fox and the hounds and covering all the bases as not to lose face.

Debate with you is quite literally pointless. Harris' performance could vary from winning the league to being sacked and you could say that you called it.

Have a good evening

We could probably get Danny Cowley on the cheap right now....

To quote you from earlier in the thread:

All I would want to see is a move from the territory, set piece football that is dire to watch and is now not even working any more.
    What do Ainsworth stats tell us about the type of football he's set Wycombe up to play?

We have the opportunity to change things this summer and, as you said, need to ask if we want Harris or not longer term. For me, that should be done on basis of whole of his time here and what we think he can do next year rather than in reaction to disappointing performance/result against the best sides in the league or worst side in the league when we have a number of injuries. Some people have been ready for the switch 14 games into this year though despite us coming from a play-off appearance just two months previous.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    To quote you from earlier in the thread:

What do Ainsworth stats tell us about the type of football he's set Wycombe up to play?

We have the opportunity to change things this summer and, as you said, need to ask if we want Harris or not longer term. For me, that should be done on basis of whole of his time here and what we think he can do next year rather than in reaction to disappointing performance/result against the best sides in the league or worst side in the league when we have a number of injuries. Some people have been ready for the switch 14 games into this year though despite us coming from a play-off appearance just two months previous.
    It was a name plucked out of thin air as a manager who I think has more talent than Harris and would get more from the squad. Nothing more than that.

Somebody like Cowley above would be more of an ideal candidate.