+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So it’s up to you to recruit a new manager,

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: So it’s up to you to recruit a new manager,

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd bring in a consultant. I'd ask other managers for recommendations. I'd look at assistant managers. I'd look at Leagues One and Two. I'd look around Europe. And beyond. I was wondering this morning if we could bring in someone on a six-month contract while we search for a new permanent manager. Or whether one of our players was up to it until the end of the season.
    Glenn Roeder recommended Russell Slade to CCFC. That worked out well.

I still believe the best gamble is obvious. Bellamy is even in Cardiff for Christmas. Wish the three clowns and Borley would act, rather than enable Harris to inflict more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by AntEvans View Post

I still believe the best gamble is obvious. Bellamy is even in Cardiff for Christmas. Wish the three clowns and Borley would act, rather than enable Harris to inflict more damage.
    I'd be a bit more discerning about who I asked. For instance, I wouldn't be asking Neil Warnock or Neil Harris for recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by AntEvans View Post
    Slade came in to do a job and they wanted someone they could trust after Mackay and OGS.

I'd go for Wagner, Schalke are an absolute basket case so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and they're a massive club.

Failing that, Alex Neil at PNE and bring their best players with him on a free.

If we can't afford anyone, just give it to Bamba to the end of the season. At least we'll know. We've got a 13 point buffer, we're not going down.

[QUOTE=Pedro de la Rosa;5151713]Slade came in to do a job and they wanted someone they could trust after Mackay and OGS.

I'd go for Wagner, Schalke are an absolute basket case so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and they're a massive club.

Failing that, Alex Neil at PNE and bring their best players with him on a free.

If we can't afford anyone, just give it to Bamba to the end of the season. At least we'll know. We've got a 13 point buffer, we’re not going down.

Famous last words !!!! Lose on Saturday and that 13 is down to 10, the way we’re playing, I wouldn’t say that was comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Famous last words !!!! Lose on Saturday and that 13 is down to 10, the way we’re playing, I wouldn’t say that was comfortable
    We've got Smithies, Wilson, Morrison and Moore. We're not going down. There's some proper, proper garbage in the league. We've been absolutely awful and we've got 29 points from 22 games.