+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rabbi Matondo to Stoke

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rabbi Matondo to Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I didn't ask who would win it.

I asked if he would be in the running based on his performances this season in a City shirt?
    There is a difference between being the best players in the Championship and potentially the best players.

Being in contention to be the best player for the 15th placed team isn't that for me.
    He won't win it because we aren't very good.

He's also not as good as quite a few players in the relegated sides. There's an awful lot of talent in the division, and we are way off it.

I didn't ask who would win it.

I asked if he would be in the running based on his performances this season in a City shirt?
    There is a difference between being the best players in the Championship and potentially the best players.

Being in contention to be the best player for the 15th placed team isn't that for me.
    on the other hand, if he ends up being our player of the season then that would also suggest that we have bigger problems elsewhere

What is the badge that is touching the Borussia Dortmund badge?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What is the badge that is touching the Borussia Dortmund badge?
    Inter I think

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Inter I think
    Right. It's all washed out. They change badges A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Right. It's all washed out. They change badges A LOT.
    They’ve effectively had that design since at least 2007

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Looks like they are signing him on loan. Would he have come back to us? I have a feeling in the back of my mind that he didn't leave us on great terms???
    His loan move to Stoke was completed today

Marino leaves and schalke win their next game 4-0.
    having not won since god knows when

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Marino leaves and schalke win their next game 4-0.
    having not won since god knows when
    He’s nearly 60 now so as good a quarter back that he was it’s no surprise

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He’s nearly 60 now so as good a quarter back that he was it’s no surprise
    bloody auto correct

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com...e-city?page=15

Check out page 15 and 16 of the thread on tonight's game.

Stoke fans seem to have made their mind up.

We dodged a bullet.

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com...e-city?page=15

Check out page 15 and 16 of the thread on tonight's game.

Stoke fans seem to have made their mind up.

We dodged a bullet.
    Not very complimentary to him at all, and the other Welsh dig as well, ‘We have a strong bench, apart from Vokes’.

Not very complimentary to him at all, and the other Welsh dig as well, ‘We have a strong bench, apart from Vokes’.
    I'm not a great fan of Vokes.
    Loved his goal against the Belgians but he's not that good as his overall game and record suggests. The fact he is stuck on the bench for a Stoke team who struggle for goals says it all.

Wales players and City players seem to get built up as better than they are by some fans. It has gone on for quite some time.

I'm not a great fan of Vokes.
    Loved his goal against the Belgians but he's not that good as his overall game and record suggests. The fact he is stuck on the bench for a Stoke team who struggle for goals says it all.

Wales players and City players seem to get built up as better than they are by some fans. It has gone on for quite some time.
    You’re quite correct, we’ll always have a soft spot for him for obvious reasons but in reality he ‘filled a gap’ for Wales. Past his sell by date now I fear and annoying for Stokies that he’s obviously picking up a fair old wage, not unlike some ‘stars’ we’ve had over the years.

You’re quite correct, we’ll always have a soft spot for him for obvious reasons but in reality he ‘filled a gap’ for Wales. Past his sell by date now I fear and annoying for Stokies that he’s obviously picking up a fair old wage, not unlike some ‘stars’ we’ve had over the years.
    No, not at all.

Plenty have stolen a wage here over the years.

A few comments.

He can't control it or get it out of his feet to run at anybody.
    He is in the running to be Stoke's worst ever player.
    They should be thankful he is only a loan signing.

All that after two games. It won't change either.

A few comments.

He can't control it or get it out of his feet to run at anybody.
    He is in the running to be Stoke's worst ever player.
    They should be thankful he is only a loan signing.

All that after two games. It won't change either.
    Nothing like a good bit of overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Nothing like a good bit of overreaction.
    Could well be an overreaction.

He would give Murphy a run for his money here for the least effort and consistently poor performer awards. To think some wanted him here.

He seems to have lost his way at Man City reserves and believed his own hype rather than knuckle down. You check any highlights on YouTube etc and the vast majority is from his Man City youth and reserve days.

Could well be an overreaction.

He would give Murphy a run for his money here for the least effort and consistently poor performer awards. To think some wanted him here.

He seems to have lost his way at Man City reserves and believed his own hype rather than knuckle down. You check any highlights on YouTube etc and the vast majority is from his Man City youth and reserve days.
    Are you watching Rotherham Stoke tonight? He's a loan signing and they've signed Berahino, Wimmer etc.

Matondo is rapid, he's very young and he's never really had proper first team football. I like him, I think he's got something. I agree with you on Wales and City players being overrated but I think we'd be a good environment for him as he'd get time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Are you watching Rotherham Stoke tonight? He's a loan signing and they've signed Berahino, Wimmer etc.

Matondo is rapid, he's very young and he's never really had proper first team football. I like him, I think he's got something. I agree with you on Wales and City players being overrated but I think we'd be a good environment for him as he'd get time.
    No I'm not.

I'm looking at the reaction of several fans who are.
    Are you?

I trust message boards like this especially when the universal opinion is that he isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Really bizarre to come on here and have a pop at a player's performance in a game you're not even watching and basing it all on one of the most negative messageboards I've ever seen
    Almost as bizarre as this:

I've seen a lot more of him than you have
    What a wanker

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Almost as bizarre as this:

What a wanker
    Here comes Croesy.
    Still calling me out for bollocks for saying Wilson was not undoubtedly one of the best players in the Championship and definitely a Premier League player? I can't say he's lighting up the division. I suppose he is for you? Who is talking bollocks again?

I'm a wanker now. You've got previous for swearing and name calling when you can't add any substance to your argument. It isn't surprising.

I watch a lot of Bundesliga. Most weeks in fact and quite like Schalke so watch a lot of their games. The fact Pedro wanted him here tells me he hasn't seen him play much at all. If he had he wouldn't have wanted him anywhere near a City team.

Croesy, that Wilson thread clearly smarts a bit as I've hardly ever quoted you or had much to do with you on here but you have popped up a few times since to have a dig on other threads.

Wilson is disappointing in a City shirt in the main. If he was undoubtedly a Premier League player then he would be playing there. Live with it. Let it go.

Just had a quick look on a stoke messageboard, and they were critical of Matondo, but not as extreme as has been suggested on here.
    Certainly Ojo came in for a lot more flack on here during his first couple of games, and he's turned out OK.

Hopefully he can build some confidence and get a run of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Just had a quick look on a stoke messageboard, and they were critical of Matondo, but not as extreme as has been suggested on here.
    Certainly Ojo came in for a lot more flack on here during his first couple of games, and he's turned out OK.

Hopefully he can build some confidence and get a run of games.
    The comments I put above were from the Stoke message board I linked to.

People are saying he could be their worst player, suggested they take him off and play with 10 and are thankful it is only a loan move.

I am thankful we didn't go for him.

As for the watching more of him than Pedro. It wasn't a boast, I just probably do. I don't miss many Schalke games unless it clashes with City and have been over a few times to see them. Pedro wanting him here suggests to me he hasn't seen him play all that much. Some think he has enough to come good, I don't think he does. I'll leave it at that.