Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
We all know the squad has limitations, and we all assume that there's not much that can be done about it. We also don't know how much credit Harris deserves for Keiffer Moore or any of the loan signings. But we do know that he's besides Moore he's not really getting much out of them and we've seen that after a slight initial improvement in the quality of the football the side plays, there has been a regression this season. Leading some to ask what was the point of even bringing Wilson in. For me, Harris's limitations are more of a factor than those of the squad at the moment. And my gut feeling is that I don't really trust him to a) bring the right players in and b) get the best out of them.
Harris rebuilt the recruitment team, and he deserves credit for hitting a lot of his transfer targets in. Look at the last 3 seasons transfer misses compared to his. Harris deserves an awful lot of credit for bringing in people like Moore as it certainly wasn't anyone at the club who was here before him . Harris is here to be cheap, so I don't really understand why we brought someone in like Wilson on a wedge either but there we go! I think the best thing about the club now, is we are actually trusted to get loanees here. We wanted Ampadu and Abraham in the PL, Chelsea didn't want to know.

I can't see Harris getting sacked this season, unless we get absolutely pulled apart by Norwich. The time looks to have been and gone. I think he's absolutely certain to go in the summer barring a turn around even better than the one he conjured up last season.

We're "functional", if that's a thing and we just hit the channels. It works quite well in a 4-4-2 but we got found out and man for man, we can't compete with Norwich, Brentford etc. They just won't give us the ball enough and will pass through us.

Conversely, I think Harris would be better off actually trying to play football. We'll lose more than we would in the short term but long term, we might actually do something. He might actually keep his job if the club recognised this. In reality there is no chance Tan or Harris will do anything other than short-termism. The teams that will come down will be good, again. COVID has meant the transfer fees have plummeted, so the relegated sides are going to be good as they'll hold onto most of their players and we'll get outclassed by the sides than can pass and move effectively. We even struggled in our promotion season against sides like that. We beat Villa and Wolves early but then lost to both, losing and drawing with Fulham. We unsurprisingly beat 5th place Bobo twice as they had Monk and Pulis, and nobody was better at doing what we did than us.