+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaccine Latest

Vaccine Latest

Seems the suggestion ade last week for more folk getting the first vaccine , rather than two immediate doses for less people is gathering traction

https://www.aliciakearns.com/news/ch...r-vaccinations

Following advice by the*Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI)*and agreed*by all four UK Chief Medical Officers, Pfizer and UK regulators the Government has agreed to extend timings between the first and second Pfizer vaccinations.*

The urgent priority is to save lives. We need to increase the number of vulnerable people who have received a first vaccination. The data now shows us a very high efficacy rate from just the first dose, which was not known before, and therefore the JCVI* now advises that the first dose should be given to as many eligible people as possible, and that this is more effective that delivering a second dose in a shorter period, and crucially will save significantly more lives.

This is new information and we must act on it as to fail to would be absolutely wrong and cost lives.

The guidance can be found here with the references included:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-december-2020

Re: Vaccine Latest

I think it makes more sense, surely it is better to give 20million people 60% immunity than 10million 90%

in-fact if you just gave as many people as possible one dose, we probably wont even need to worry about giving the 2nd one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I think it makes more sense, surely it is better to give 20million people 60% immunity than 10million 90%

in-fact if you just gave as many people as possible one dose, we probably wont even need to worry about giving the 2nd one anyway.
    I do as well, trouble with the story a certain Tony Blair mentioned this as an option a week or so ago and folk got upset .

As usual in UK they have changed course again. Both the available vaccines need two injections. There is some evidence that the AZ vaccine second can be repeated near 12 weeks, but none for the Pfizer vaccine. Pfizer made comments today in the press that they only have evidence of effectiveness on use of the product based on two doses 3 weeks apart. Therefore I don’t think they would have agreed with the governments plan.

The real issue behind all this is that the governments are afraid they won’t be able to deliver the number of jabs quickly enough on a 2 dose regime if doses are given as recommended 3 weeks apart.

30 m flu jabs are given each year with no hassle. The AZ vaccine can be handled much like a flu jab. With flu jabs family doctors order them direct from a manufacture or commercial wholesaler and the process works. With Covid the NHS has decided to distribute itself. It’s daft and probably too complex for them to do successfully

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    As usual in UK they have changed course again. Both the available vaccines need two injections. There is some evidence that the AZ vaccine second can be repeated near 12 weeks, but none for the Pfizer vaccine. Pfizer made comments today in the press that they only have evidence of effectiveness on use of the product based on two doses 3 weeks apart. Therefore I don’t think they would have agreed with the governments plan.

The real issue behind all this is that the governments are afraid they won’t be able to deliver the number of jabs quickly enough on a 2 dose regime if doses are given as recommended 3 weeks apart.

30 m flu jabs are given each year with no hassle. The AZ vaccine can be handled much like a flu jab. With flu jabs family doctors order them direct from a manufacture or commercial wholesaler and the process works. With Covid the NHS has decided to distribute itself. It’s daft and probably too complex for them to do successfully
    Its 10 million flu jabs isn't it ?

Happy to stand corrected says the man in the orthopaedic shoe

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Its 10 million flu jabs isn't it ?

Happy to stand corrected says the man in the orthopaedic shoe
    I had a look at the data and last winter...2019/20 15m doses given. This winter 30m people have ben offered it and the vaccine programme is still running

Maybe don't give people the first dose, just the second.

I read somewhere the first jab is for short term.the second for long term.

Don't know if 1 or 2 doses are the best, but the WAG should get it's arse in gear and start getting out and vaccinating the vulnerable and health workers. My aunt is 97 this year and not a murmur about it, my granddaughter who's been working on Covid wards at the Gwent and the new Grange hospitals since March has not been tested or given a vaccination, she now has been diagnosed with Covid. Vaughan Gething and Drakeford are full of bulls**t and in May I hope they are given the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Don't know if 1 or 2 doses are the best, but the WAG should get it's arse in gear and start getting out and vaccinating the vulnerable and health workers. My aunt is 97 this year and not a murmur about it, my granddaughter who's been working on Covid wards at the Gwent and the new Grange hospitals since March has not been tested or given a vaccination, she now has been diagnosed with Covid. Vaughan Gething and Drakeford are full of bulls**t and in May I hope they are given the boot.
    And replaced by the tories ?

I mean surely the record of wastage by Boris and his mob is damning evidence that those feckers shouldn't be let anywhere near the NHS in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I had a look at the data and last winter...2019/20 15m doses given. This winter 30m people have ben offered it and the vaccine programme is still running
    not far off then

I am jake the peg

And replaced by the tories ?

I mean surely the record of wastage by Boris and his mob is damning evidence that those feckers shouldn't be let anywhere near the NHS in Wales
    To be quite honest I've had a bellyful of all of them. They just play party politics and sod everything else, none put the people first.

No disrespect intended but had to ask how she’s been diagnosed with covid if she’s not been tested?

To be quite honest I've had a bellyful of all of them. They just play party politics and sod everything else, none put the people first.
    I can understand that mate 👍

My old dear has covid , going into the new seren field hospital in Bridgend tomorrow to take in some laundry

Hope your grand daughter gets the jab ASAP

More chance of seeing Issac Vasell in a City shirt this year than getting a vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    No disrespect intended but had to ask how she’s been diagnosed with covid if she’s not been tested?
    She had no tests while working, it was only when she lost her taste and sense of smell Christmas Day she realised what was happening.. .

I can understand that mate ��

My old dear has covid , going into the new seren field hospital in Bridgend tomorrow to take in some laundry

Hope your grand daughter gets the jab ASAP
    Thanks Sludge, best of wishes to your mum, hope she's better soon.

Thanks Sludge, best of wishes to your mum, hope she's better soon.
    Nice one 👍

She had no tests while working, it was only when she lost her taste and sense of smell Christmas Day she realised what was happening.. .
    That makes sense and hope she makes a speedy recovery / gets a vaccine soon

Something that’s been on my mind a while, frontline nhs are rightly getting the vaccine first,1000% agree, but is there the risk they could be super spreaders? Ie if they’re immune so don’t show symptoms, but carry it?

Nice one 👍
    Yes hope she gets better .

I know a few folk in work who have tested positive with the same loss of taste and sense of smell*,thankfully they all pulled through well , so hopefully all will be well.

International

Based on the graph I saw and them staing they hope to do 100,000 by the end of Jan, then on 100,000 a month I have to wait about 9 months and I'm quite high up the list.

Well we know there is no real opposition or ability to change in Wales perhaps this is why there is so much complacency with all aspects of their governance .

Old Van Tam is now on board about widening the window between the first and second jabs to 12 weeks instead of 3 so more of us get a vaccine quicker .

Its a no brainer for me , better something now for more of us surely saves more lives and reduces the spread to the vulnerable??

https://mol.im/a/9107097

The problem is the bufoon and Hancock have been so completely useless doing this pandemic that there will be no trust.

I dread Johnson giving a press conference on it. He can barely string a sentence together without stuttering and stammering and sounding as if hes bullshitting.

Next press conference he should pass on all questions to the scientists immediately.