+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Cardiff City FA Cup quiz.

Re: A Cardiff City FA Cup quiz.

9. Is it that Gill scored in the FA Cup in five successive season ? (Guesswork territory now !)

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    9. Is it that Gill scored in the FA Cup in five successive season ? (Guesswork territory now !)
    No, but looking at what you’ve come up with, it’s one of those questions that, while what I’m looking for is correct (or, at least I hope it is), there are other answers which can hardly be called wrong - look at where and when he scored those goals.

9. Is it that he scored for City in every round of the cup other than the final ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks Eric, reading that set me thinking why sportsmanship and gamesmanship (which is what Price is guilty of by your description) mean completely different things when there is often an argument as to whether something (e.g. darts) is a sport or a game - it makes one sound so much better than the other.
    Price got fined over £21,000 for his part in the Anderson game that Eric was talking about (later halved on appeal) so I think it can be agreed that his behaviour went beyond any kind of manship you want to call it. He's getting better, his play is now good enough that he doesn't need to resort to the dark arts for the time being, but he's still a massive cock in my opinion (Price, not Eric). I might warm to him over time but I'm more than happy for him to lose every game for now, unless Phil Taylor comes out of retirement. Anderson himself was once accused of farting on stage by Wesley Harms so maybe they're all at it to some degree.

Chris Kamara for 7 by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Price got fined over £21,000 for his part in the Anderson game that Eric was talking about (later halved on appeal) so I think it can be agreed that his behaviour went beyond any kind of manship you want to call it. He's getting better, his play is now good enough that he doesn't need to resort to the dark arts for the time being, but he's still a massive cock in my opinion (Price, not Eric). I might warm to him over time but I'm more than happy for him to lose every game for now, unless Phil Taylor comes out of retirement. Anderson himself was once accused of farting on stage by Wesley Harms so maybe they're all at it to some degree.

He once played Andy Pieman Smith in a European event and accidentally shit himself when he farted. Not the first time a darts player has had problems with the follow through....

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    9. Is it that he scored for City in every round of the cup other than the final ?
    No, but it is to do with one particular round of the competition.

Kamala is right.

As for Price, it sounds like his “style of play” is irrelevant in any debate as to whether darts is a sport then.

Kamala is right.

As for Price, it sounds like his “style of play” is irrelevant in any debate as to whether darts is a sport then.
    Trump out?

Or Harris in?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Trump out?

Or Harris in?
    Argh, predictive text strikes again!

Kamala is right.

I know it gets mentioned a lot on here but the saying that it's not a sport if you don't have to change your shoes to play it is pretty accurate. Darts being the exception that proves the rule, of course.

I guess from your clues that the answer to 9 is that Jimmy Gill scored in the third round 5 years running. Good quiz, thanks for that. Looking forward to the one before the 4th round, the 5th and 6th too.

I know it gets mentioned a lot on here but the saying that it's not a sport if you don't have to change your shoes to play it is pretty accurate. Darts being the exception that proves the rule, of course.

I guess from your clues that the answer to 9 is that Jimmy Gill scored in the third round 5 years running. Good quiz, thanks for that. Looking forward to the one before the 4th round, the 5th and 6th too.
    Well, you've just proved that no. 9 was not a very good question, because I'm sure that makes him unique among City players, but he also is because he's the only City player to have scored in two FA Cup Semi Finals which is the answer I had.

That what is a sport answer is certainly a better one than my brothers, but what about snooker and pool which can have a tactical element in terms of execution of shots?

As we're a seriously out of form side going into a game in a competition where we never give a shit, the only way I can see there being another FA Cup quiz for Round Four is if our intended Championship opponents that day are still in the competition - second thoughts, with a suspension of football becoming more likely with every day of a thousand plus deaths and sixty thousand new cases, I suppose we could be looking at another suspension of the game soon.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek with the sport/games debate. My hunch is that darts and the cue 'sports' are games but I don't really understand the distinction and certainly don't understand why people get so animated about it. I knew it wouldn't kick off in this thread as it's numpty-free but some of the threads about it on here get so heated, it's bizarre. I love darts and the cue sports, always have, and can honestly say that I've never kicked myself for wasting time watching (or playing) a mere game when I should be concentrating on proper sports like rhythmic gymnastics or show jumping.

The cup situation is quite interesting, as you've pointed out in the other thread. I'm sure Harris would like to try a couple of things out today but he's getting to the stage where he could really do with a win and might not want to take too many chances. Outside events could well overtake the game (sport) before long though, you're right.