Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
I agree its not good at the moment but you've gone from his staunchest defender to his biggest critic!!!

As ive said in the Harris In, Harris Out thread I do think the football gods have worked against him this season, starting with the bizarre sacking of NML, but its a results business and he can have no complaints.
I was always confident we'd pull it round and then I felt vindicated after 4 wins on the spin. 8 games later, we're in an even worse position than when we started. I blamed the players after Coventry, and I still do to some extent but we can't sack/sell all of them. Either Harris' tactics aren't good enough or they're not playing for him. They're not 6 defeats on the spin, bad. I thought we'd stamp out the mistakes but we concede the same goal(s) almost every game, everything is so bloody avoidable. We're a soft touch, which is the opposite of what they showed 6 months ago.

I wanted to keep Harris because I had absolutely no faith they'd get anyone better, and on the whole, he's signed decent players so he could do a rebuild while keeping us safe. I no longer have the belief that he can keep us safe. Our players aren't great but they're a whole lot better than what they're showing.

I can see he was trying to pass the ball a bit more and then that got shelved to get results (which we did, so fair enough!). Now we've just got neither the performances, football or the results. He's been dealt a rubbish hand but a lot of it is his own making, rushing JOT back, only having one right back for starters, not addressing the centre midfield etc.

Harris had a lot of credit in the bank for last season and it's run out now. It looks as if he's got another game, so I hope we can sneak a win. I was surprised he survived Norwich, we have a decent run of fixtures and thought they'd give the new manager them.