+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Harry Arter

Re: Harry Arter

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It's all about opinions.

Some people seem to see more in Ralls, Vaulks, Bacuna and Pack than I do. You'd go a long way to find more of an uninspiring quartet at this level.

For what it is worth I don't think we'll go for Arter and I doubt many players would relish coming here at the moment either.

Why do you keep mentioning our midfield? Their ability, or lack of it, is nothing to do with the fact that I’ll bet my bollocks that nobody championing him has seen him play recently ( he’s only had 13 outings before being shown the door). If you’ve got a dodgy car that struggles to start every morning you don’t buy another one with the same problem to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    We could do with shipping out 3 of them and only keeping Ralls
    Ralls seems to always be talked of as if he is a level above the others here.

I'm not sure what he brings other than the odd goal (usually from the spot).

I'm not sure if it is sentiment plays a part here because he came through but when we are bad, which has been way too often this season, he is as guilty as any of the others for this.

He can pass better than what the midfielders there at the moment can, which isn't very good at all. Most just hoof it in the general direction of somebody up the field.

Would we typically want better than Arter? Of course.
    Would I take him given that the club seem to be sleep walking through seasons not acknowledging that central midfield is an issue? Yes.
    I'm judging his passing ability on being able to pass forward, it's not something he can do. Our current crop aren't good I agree, but Arter doesn't bring anything new to the table. Is he going to make progressive passes? No. Is he going to be able to dribble the ball through midfield? No. Is he going to create space with his movement? No. That's the issue the club has right now, too many average midfielders who aren't looking to create chances, instead just run around. Having Arter here means we'll have another clogger to complain about in a years time

Like I said, he's 31 now and his style of play isn't going to do him any favours, never mind the fact he can't get into a side that's worse than us at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Why do you keep mentioning our midfield? Their ability, or lack of it, is nothing to do with the fact that I’ll bet my bollocks that nobody championing him has seen him play recently ( he’s only had 13 outings before being shown the door). If you’ve got a dodgy car that struggles to start every morning you don’t buy another one with the same problem to replace it.
    I'm mentioning our midfield as our central midfielders are the players he is being directly compared with.

Would it not be odd to debate whether a player is better than your current players without mentioning or thinking about them?

Your car analogy might work if I thought Arter was the same standard of car. If you swapped your really crap car for a slightly less crap one with no other alternative then that would be closer to my thinking. I think it would be an improvement. Our current midfield does not function. I think Arter would improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I can't believe anyone who has watched Cardiff City play this season seriously believes that what this side needs right now is Harry Arter.

Some of you people are nuts.
    No one has said he's the answer to all our problems, what I think he is, is better than Vaulks, Pack and Bacuna.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    No one has said he's the answer to all our problems, what I think he is, is better than Vaulks, Pack and Bacuna.
    based on his performances this season?

Nobody is saying he will be a Jason Koumas type player.

The midfield is also calling out for a player who can pick a through ball and beat a man in midfield but I think he would improve us.

I'm mentioning our midfield as our central midfielders are the players he is being directly compared with.

Would it not be odd to debate whether a player is better than your current players without mentioning or thinking about them?

Your car analogy might work if I thought Arter was the same standard of car. If you swapped your really crap car for a slightly less crap one with no other alternative then that would be closer to my thinking. I think it would be an improvement. Our current midfield does not function. I think Arter would improve it.
    You’re promoting the type of policy that has got the club into a playing/financial mess time and time again, bring in older, no resale players on big wages, then realise that their day is done, pay them off or keep them on the staff until their lucrative contract runs out. We’ve got to get away from this train of thought.

You’re promoting the type of policy that has got the club into a playing/financial mess time and time again, bring in older, no resale players on big wages, then realise that their day is done, pay them off or keep them on the staff until their lucrative contract runs out. We’ve got to get away from this train of thought.
    I'm not promoting anything but putting better players in our team that are more effective than we have now. Nothing more.
    Surely that is rule 1 of improving the team.

Exactly. He’s talking nonsense as usual. In the past he’s criticised the club for making this type of signing.

I'm not promoting anything but putting better players in our team that are more effective than we have now. Nothing more.
    Surely that is rule 1 of improving the team.
    If you think that Arter is better than any of the midfielders that we already have, then you clearly haven't seen him play this season.

The question shouldn’t be wether Arter would get in our midfield or not. If we have play off ambitions next season the question should be would Arter get into any of the current top 6 teams in this division and the answer is most certainly NO.

JR following me round like a stray dog again.

No doubt adding great input to the threads subject matter in his own little style.

I find it quite funny that Mehmet has talked of the clubs new transfer policy like they have stumbled on some new age way of approaching it. Were we not checking the age of a player we were signing and considering their sell on potential previously?

This threads unbelievable. Theres people on this thread who have not only moaned at results but the style of play and want to 31 year old Harry Arter.

😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    This threads unbelievable. Theres people on this thread who have not only moaned at results but the style of play and want to 31 year old Harry Arter.

😂😂😂😂
    They’ve lost the plot

��������
    Yup, unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, unbelievable.
    It is slightly less unbelievable if you've seen our central midfielders trying to play.

The thread is nearly 100 posts long.
    That's unbelievable!

Yup, unbelievable.
    What's unbelievable is that drama queens in the thread are making it out like Lewj and I are saying Arter can take us to the Premier League 🤣

All we've said is that in our opinion he's better than that we've got but there's some argumentative people on this forum who'd start an argument in an empty Coronavirus affected stadium🤣

What's unbelievable is that drama queens in the thread are making it out like Lewj and I are saying Arter can take us to the Premier League ��

All we've said is that in our opinion he's better than that we've got but there's some argumentative people on this forum who'd start an argument in an empty Coronavirus affected stadium��
    I'd say that he probably isn't better than what we already have, and if he is it'll be marginal. I'd rather us look out for a young, hungry midfield player from league 1 or 2, or from a foreign league, rather than a player who is finished.

I'd say that he probably isn't better than what we already have, and if he is it'll be marginal. I'd rather us look out for a young, hungry midfield player from league 1 or 2, or from a foreign league, rather than a player who is finished.
    Me too mate 100%, whether that will happen I doubt very much sadly 🤣

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/20...ew-forest-low/

Forest are apparently paying him £38k per week to play for their Under-23s.

oof

He should be a good player at this level, I'm surprised he can't get in their team.
    But that wage is a hell of a lot to be getting no value from.

And the person criticising the club giving a contract to Tomlin wanted Arter.😂😂😂

38 k a week.

And the person criticising the club giving a contract to Tomlin wanted Arter.😂😂😂

38 k a week.
    Warnock had a 7 year deal at 48.5k lined up for him