+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New manager bounce

New manager bounce

This being Cardiff City, it’s been more like a thud.

2 draw against workmanlike teams is not exactly flying!

Is this manager going to learn that what you do on the training pitch is all well and good, but it’s what you do in a match situation that really matters?

All 3 goals scored since his arrival have been assisted by players who he says didn’t cut it in training.

Re: New manager bounce

Ralls assisted Moore, didn't he? Why have some of our players only looked good off the bench?

We needed to stop the rot, and we've done that but nobody's going to have any luck with us if we continually shoot ourselves in the foot after 10 minutes every bleeding week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Ralls assisted Moore, didn't he? Why have some of our players only looked good off the bench?

We needed to stop the rot, and we've done that but nobody's going to have any luck with us if we continually shoot ourselves in the foot after 10 minutes every bleeding week.
    This team is incapable of shooting itself in the foot. It would miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    This team is incapable of shooting itself in the foot. It would miss.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and poor old Mick seems to have had a pig's arsehole bestowed upon him.

Wilson?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and poor old Mick seems to have had a pig's arsehole bestowed upon him.

With a midfield of Bacuna, Vaulks and Ralls you won’t be creating chances and scoring goals.
    I am expecting his next team to drop one or two of these and play Wilson, Murphy or another striker such as Glatzel or Watters

On a positive note if he starts like a house on fire he’s more likely to get a contract extension.

Just doing enough to keep us out of trouble is fine by me. Thank MM and part ways in the summer.

MM is a nice guy but we’ve got to be looking to go in a different direction in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Wilson?
    What about him? He’s hardly ripped it up

What about him? He’s hardly ripped it up
    Wilson assisted Moore not Ralls.

Saying that Ralls should have had an assist if Moore had buried his chance.

Could easily have won it with Moore and Ralls lose heading opportunities , Ball locked off the line , there's no disguising though it ain't pretty out there, and we are so poor in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Could easily have won it with Moore and Ralls lose heading opportunities , Ball locked off the line , there's no disguising though it ain't pretty out there, and we are so poor in midfield.
    Bennett missed a sitter as well.

Saying that they could have had 3.

I just dont get todays team selection and formation.

At least the losing run has stopped though.

MM must be the only other manager in the championship besides Colin that rates Aden Flint.

Playing 3 centre half’s with 3 workmanlike midfielders is just so depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    MM must be the only other manager in the championship besides Colin that rates Aden Flint.

Its about headbands and height , if your tall and have a pretty hairband tie back your in .

PS : I am struck by your aviator picture and its remarkable resemblance to our Mick , do you get comments or adulation ??

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Wilson assisted Moore not Ralls.

Saying that Ralls should have had an assist if Moore had buried his chance.
    Off the bench. That's my point. Wilson was really good today, he hasn't been so good when starting, and he has been anonymous when starting as a 10. Murphy has been crap when he starts and decent when he's come off the bench. Why is that?

Off the bench. That's my point. Wilson was really good today, he hasn't been so good when starting, and he has been anonymous when starting as a 10. Murphy has been crap when he starts and decent when he's come off the bench. Why is that?
    Fresh legs against tired defenders?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Fresh legs against tired defenders?
    Perhaps, Wilson was really good today. I hope it continues!

It didn't make us solid at the back either. Millwall could easily have scored three or four. The players look really uncomfortable in that system. Morrison is usually so reliable and he was all at sea.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's a lower league 1/top league 2 midfield - at that level they'd just about be comfortable. The side is being held together by a thread with Moore, the occasional flash of Wilson, and Smithies in goal. This is a relegation battle, no doubt about it. 5 points clear and a side capable of winning as many games as they lose and you'd wouldn't think so, but we're so poor, and only have a small margin for improvement, that I think it's not unreasonable to say as such..

I'm not against the 3 at the back as long as Wilson's part of the 3 in front of them, otherwise its utterly pointless

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm not against the 3 at the back as long as Wilson's part of the 3 in front of them, otherwise its utterly pointless
    Unlikely. Mick has gone full Warnock.