+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What’s the best thing you’ve ever bought

Re: What’s the best thing you’ve ever bought

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Probably a plane ticket to Oz when I was 19, a year sorting myself out washing dishes, picking grapes, hitching, sleeping rough, being care free doing all sorts of shite jobs taught me a lot about life.....
    That sounds great! Something I would have liked to have done too, unfortunately, I don't think I had the maturity at 19.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Black Sabbath debut album

Turned me onto metal , man
    No, no, no, please God help me...

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Brilliant. Glad you are feeling the benefit. I've huge respect for people who say 'no more' and just stop like that. I had surgery about 15 months ago which meant no booze for a few months and then did strict keto for a lot of 2020- it's really good to simply turn the tap off every now and then for whatever reason, just to make sure that you can do so. Saves a few quid too.
    I'm glad you're off the booze but a year's worth of ketamine isn't the answer mate

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    That sounds great! Something I would have liked to have done too, unfortunately, I don't think I had the maturity at 19.
    I’m not sure I did, but I had by the time I returned....living in kings cross in Sydney was quite an eye opener be it in my way to work at 7am (street hookers just finishing up a shift) or the transsexual ones just coming out to play on the way home.....

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    No, no, no, please God help me...
    Wang , Wang , Waaaaaaaaaannnnnnnngggggg !

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Always check your pockets.

A few years ago I had a weekend on the rip in Leith. On my return and during the week, the cleaner was ironing a shirt when she felt something in a buttoned chest pocket on a shirt.

Et voila, pulled out a bag of beak, she handed it to my mother (who was caring for my youngest), who in turn left it on my fire place for my wife.

There was no ****er speaking to me for days.
    this is win in every way possible

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm glad you're off the booze but a year's worth of ketamine isn't the answer mate

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Probably a plane ticket to Oz when I was 19, a year sorting myself out washing dishes, picking grapes, hitching, sleeping rough, being care free doing all sorts of shite jobs taught me a lot about life.....
    What did it teach you?

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    What did it teach you?
    everything I needed to know about ladyboys

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    What did it teach you?
    The value of a pound and what to appreciate, work ethic, living in a house with about 30 people, people in general, cooking, freedom to name a few it’s 30 years ago ffs

Might have been mine aswell, i went in '93 and slowly backpacked down from Cairns to Sydney ( then kinda got stuck in Sydney ), did travel a little with my Scuba diving and weekends away with the GF

I landed on my feet with jobs, worked for a guy doing fibreglass shower linings, just laying the mat and rollering out the resin, it was a decent job, earning $10 a hour, now i could get a schooner of VB for $1, my rent in the Kings X house was $35 a week, it left me with alot of money to party, i did try and bar job and lasted 1 and 1/4 hours I then got a part time job teaching Scuba Diving as i had then done my training up to dive instructor, that just meant weekends away on the lash, i must have been a part time alcoholic back then

I’m not sure I did, but I had by the time I returned....living in kings cross in Sydney was quite an eye opener be it in my way to work at 7am (street hookers just finishing up a shift) or the transsexual ones just coming out to play on the way home.....
    I Lived just down the hill in double bay, shared a house for a while less than a 5 mins walk from Kings X hotel, it was fun, but it was just a backpacker shared house with 5 or 6 to a room, people coming and going all the time, i wanted something a little more " homely " and double bay / rushcutters bay vibe was right up my street, i could be a hippy in the day and then walk up the hill to Kings X and party hard at night, i then sort of moved in with a GF who lived near Manly beach

The walk through Kings X in the morning was always a eye opener, you nailed it with the hookers, all desperate for that last chance to earn a few dollars

I wonder what Kings X is like now, i guess it must have cleaned itself up a little now

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Might have been mine aswell, i went in '93 and slowly backpacked down from Cairns to Sydney ( then kinda got stuck in Sydney ), did travel a little with my Scuba diving and weekends away with the GF

I landed on my feet with jobs, worked for a guy doing fibreglass shower linings, just laying the mat and rollering out the resin, it was a decent job, earning $10 a hour, now i could get a schooner of VB for $1, my rent in the Kings X house was $35 a week, it left me with alot of money to party, i did try and bar job and lasted 1 and 1/4 hours I then got a part time job teaching Scuba Diving as i had then done my training up to dive instructor, that just meant weekends away on the lash, i must have been a part time alcoholic back then

I Lived just down the hill in double bay, shared a house for a while less than a 5 mins walk from Kings X hotel, it was fun, but it was just a backpacker shared house with 5 or 6 to a room, people coming and going all the time, i wanted something a little more " homely " and double bay / rushcutters bay vibe was right up my street, i could be a hippy in the day and then walk up the hill to Kings X and party hard at night, i then sort of moved in with a GF who lived near Manly beach

The walk through Kings X in the morning was always a eye opener, you nailed it with the hookers, all desperate for that last chance to earn a few dollars

I wonder what Kings X is like now, i guess it must have cleaned itself up a little now
    It has, it had cleaned up a lot between 1990 and 2000 when I went back for 6 months....seemed like a different place almost. Think the authorities tried to sort it for the Olympics. Hired a camper the 2nd time in 2000 and slowly meandered down from cairns to Melbourne which is without doubt one of the best things I’ve ever done.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I don't disagree with that. First ever E pisses all over having an ipod or a printer. There are some real proper, weird fuuckers on here.
    Brilliant ...

It has, it had cleaned up a lot between 1990 and 2000 when I went back for 6 months....seemed like a different place almost. Think the authorities tried to sort it for the Olympics. Hired a camper the 2nd time in 2000 and slowly meandered down from cairns to Melbourne which is without doubt one of the best things I’ve ever done.....
    we might be returning, as oldest wants to play netball over in oz, he old coach has moved back home and asked her to go over and play

so when this is over we might pop over , it'll be funny to see Kings X through my eyes now

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Johnny Seven O.M.A. (One Man Army).
    I so wanted one , lad across the road got one,I was in awe it was well out of my poor mums purse range 😢

A reversible belt. One side is black, one side is brown.

EDIT: The main side(s).

Probably my latest dog, who I have had for eight years, a female German Shepherd. Think I would have gone nuts without her during the lockdown and the last ten months. Having her has meant I have got out and done lots of walking particularly last spring and summer